Thursday, March 5, 2020

February 2020 Wrap-Up




Photo Credit

February is over (honestly, this month has been rough, so thank goodness) so it's time for my monthly wrap-up! In my monthly wrap-ups, as always, I'll be posting about the books I've read, shows and movies I watched, games I played, and music I listened to. I'll also write about any life updates and talk about my plans for the following month! I'd love to know how your month went.

Let's jump into my wrap-up!

* * * 
 * = favorite books of the month 

Books 

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi *
Pilu of the Woods by Mai K. Nyugen *
Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid 
Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert *

Overall Reading Stats 

Total Overall Books Read: 5
Total Pages Read: 1,668
Physical Books Read: 4
  • Mine: 1
  • Library/Borrowed: 3
E-Books Read: 1
  • Mine: 0
  • Library/Borrowed: 1
Money Saved By Using The Library: $54.00

Other Posts 


Movies Watched 

[Disney +] Tangled Before Ever After - This was basically the plot of the first Tangled book, so that was really cool! I need to get the books so I can re-read the first one and continue the series. Back to the movie, I was told to watch this before starting the tv show, so I thought I'd relay that information! It's great. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Disney +] Smart House - Matt and I were looking for a movie to watch and immediately wanted to watch this one! We both enjoyed it as kids and enjoyed it fairly well as adults. It's a good time. ⭐⭐⭐.5
[Netflix Streaming] Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse - This is our favorite Spider-Man movie and we both really wanted to re-watch it. This is like the sixth or seventh time we've watched it. Highly recommend it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[DVD] Little Women (1994) - I wasn't the BIGGEST fan of the book, but really enjoyed the movie. I still have issues with the story but I had a good time. I am excited to see the new adaptation. ⭐⭐⭐.5
[Disney +] ZooTopia - I wanted to watch a movie, and I hadn't seen this one since we saw it in theaters. Still amazing, and honestly I need to watch it more often. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Netflix Streaming] To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You - The sequel to To All The Boys I've Loved Before. I really liked the sequel, but I don't think I loved it as much as the first. I still had a good time and plan on continuing the series once the third one is out. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
[DVD] Spider-Man: Far From Home - We finally got this one on DVD, and we watched it basically right after getting it. This is such an amazing Spider-Man movie. Tom Holland is the perfect Peter/Spidey. The scenes between him and Mysterio were so intense and make me so emotional. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Disney +] The Aristocats - This is a favorite of mine, and re-watching it after a handful years was a good time. It's a bit of a rough time with how some of the cats are portrayed but overall I love it. Marie is my girl, and Thomas's softness with Duchess makes my heart warm. ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
[Disney +] The Quints - I LOVED this movie when I was younger, and I really loved it as an adult. I am so happy we can watch old Disney Channel Original Movies now. I really enjoyed this one. ⭐⭐⭐.5
[Cinema] Birds of Prey - I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!! I have one criticism, it isn't a Birds of Prey movie (could be considered a prequel though) but more of a Harley Quinn movie. But other than that, I am in love and cannot wait to buy it so we can re-watch it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Disney+] Parent Trap (1998) - Another childhood favorite that was really fun to watch as an adult. This one absolutely holds up, and gets me emotional. Such a classic. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Disney+] Johnny Tsunami - I know I am sounding like a broken record, but this is another childhood favorite Disney Channel Original Movie that I wanted to watch as an adult. I really enjoyed this one!! I forgot a lot of the details from when watching as a kid, so it felt like a new story at times. I think this movie is so underrated. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Disney +] Johnny Tsunami: Back On Board - Not as good as the first one, but still a good time. Granted, the younger brother Max from Wizards of Waverly Place is in this one and his character could literally choke oh my god, but besides that it was a good time. A bit of a mess compared to the first one, but still fun. ⭐⭐.5

Trailers 
[Teaser Trailer] Stranger Things Season 4 - I CANNOT BE MORE EXCITED OH MY GOD. 

Shows Watched

[Disney +] Tangled: The Series - This was SO GOOD! I am so pumped for season four. I know it just ended (and it's the last season! Eeeeeeeeek!) so I am hoping they add it to Disney + soon.
[ABC App] The Quest - Matt and I watched this when it was airing years ago, and when we saw it was available to stream on the ABC app, we immediately jumped on it and it was so much fun. Coincidentally, it was recently announced (like right after we finished our re-watch I think) that it is coming back!! So I am beyond excited.
[ABC App] Whodunnit -  Like The Quest, we watched this one when it was airing and saw that it was available and decided to re-watch! Such a good time, and I wish this one would come back too. It's such a fun murder mystery and it's so addicting.
[Netflix] Miraculous Lady Bug  - This is one of my favorite shows, ever, and the new episodes that were released on Netflix had me obsessed. I hate having to wait for more. It's such an amazing show.
[Netflix] I Am Not Okay With This - Matt read the comic a while back so he was excited to watch this, so we started it once it was available. There are only 7 episodes and they're like 30 minutes long so it was an easy binge watch. I loved it, and I think Matt did too. I'm dying for the second season, especially how it ended!

Shows Currently Watching 

[Hulu] Love Island - After watching reality shows on ABC we were dying for more, and then we saw this was available on Hulu. We hadn't watched any version of this show and our only real exposure of was Cody Ko and Noelle's videos where they play the app game, so we weren't sure what to expect from the show itself but honestly we are loving it.
[Hulu] Steven Universe - I am re-watching this one while playing video games or vlogging and loving it. I got really behind and decided it was best to just re-watch from the beginning. I love this show so much.
[Funimation] My Hero Academia Season 4 - This season has been amazing. I cannot explain how much this show means to me. I cannot wait for the new movie to be available on DVD so I can finally see it.

DNF

[Hulu] The Bachelor - This season sucked, so we bailed pretty early. I am unsure if we'll continue with the Bachelor or Bachelorette (especially after who they picked, ughhhh) and we may just continue Paradise, unless that starts to suck too. I dunno, this franchise is starting to really suck, or maybe we just are over it.
[ABC App] Glass House  - We were enjoying this show okay until the homophobia started coming out from some of the contestants. We didn't want to watch it if one of the homophobes won, so we looked it up, and yup, so we bailed. 

Music

[Album] Petals For Armor 1 by Hayley Williams - I am so in love with this entire EP and ready for part two. I am so proud of Haley for making her own music and I love the sound she's created. I love her so much.
[Single] Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa - Look, this song is just a good time and I'm in love with it. Thanks TikTok.
[Album] Birds of Prey Soundtrack - This soundtrack is so good!! I love listening to it while playing video games.
[Music Video] Say So by Doja Cat - THIS VIDEO IS MAGIC. Also, not only does she do the TikTok dance, she has the TikTok user who created the dance in the video!!! Magic. I love Doja Cat.

Apps/Games

[Nintendo Switch] Stardew Valley - I talked about this game a little when I got it back in September I think, and I was really enjoying it. And then I took a long break. I started back up in the beginning of the year and then I got sick and became obsessed. Now, I am in love with it. The characters, the stories, how relaxing it all is to play, and I am in love with my cute little farm animals. If you have a Switch and want to be friends here is my Friend Code: SW-7274-9799-4971. Let's be friends!! Tell me below if you add me!

Life Updates

I mentioned this earlier, but February was a rough month for my husband and I. First, we had a death in the family, specifically his side of the family, and during that time he some sort of stomach flu that was circling his office. It was just really bad timing and it was a rough time in general. Once he was better, I got sick but it wasn't a stomach flu but a really bad cold. I was coughing so much throughout the night I couldn't sleep, which is where all those hours playing Stardew Valley and watching movies on Disney + came in. After we were both better the month was fairly okay but it took us a while to start feeling normal again. I still have a slight cough, so I guess I'm still sick but not really, if that makes any sense.

Reading wise, I just wasn't as motivated in February. I did get some reading done, and I am happy with the books I read. Out of the four books I said I'd read last month, I read three. I still plan on reading Gods of Jade and Shadow before the year is over I just didn't have the time this month. I have a few library books I really need to read before March 20 because once the 20th hits I will be playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons non-stop. However, I do have some books in mind that I want to read, so let's jump into those!

March TBR 


Lovely War
Julie Berry 

I am so excited to read this one! I have to return it in the second week of the month so it'll be the first book I read in March. I think this one is going to be a five star read so I am pumped! 
The Library of the Unwritten
A.J. Hackwith

This book has been talked about a bunch on Twitter by some reviewers I trust and love and they're in love with this one, so I am sure this is also going to be a 5 star read!! 

The Friend Zone
Abby Jimenez

This is one that I was supposed to read for Valentine's Day but it arrived a bit late, and so it'll be a fun romance book I read in March, no biggie. Again, this book has been getting great reviews from some of my favorite reviewers so I have a feeling this one will be a good time! 

Geekerella
Ashley Poston

I bought this book on a whim during my bachelorette party because it matched the dress I was wearing, plus it sounds so dang cute. I think it'll be a quick & fun book to read! I've seen so many great reviews, which makes me really excited. 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Zootopia as such a pleasant surprise. I hope we get to see these characters again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I would LOVE a sequel! It's such a sweet and important movie.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy Geekerella! I can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete