Tuesday, February 25, 2020

[Top Ten Tuesday] Book Characters I'd Follow on Social Media



Photo Credit
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week we are talking about book characters I'd follow on social media! Overall this list was fairly easy for me to curate because I have so many favorite characters. I love the more fun and creative prompts like this one!

Let's jump into the characters I'd follow on social media!

* * * 

Simeon of Grenwyr 
Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh 

Simeon is baby and I love him with my entire heart. Out of our gang of characters in this duology, I think Simeon is the one that would have the biggest social media presence. He's charming, sociable, and has a more open personality. I picture his Instagram posts and stories of him with his friends and him being lovey dovey with his boyfriend Danial. 
 Rhy Maresh 
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

I feel like Rhy's social media presence would be a lush rich kind of vibe. He's a charming, confident, and flirtatious prince. I feel like he would post a lot of really fun photos and almost behind the scenes of his day to day life. You'd have Kell in the background scowling, maybe some of Alucard, and probably way too many selfies. 
Charlie Weasley 
Harry Potter Series
 Charlie Weasley would be so much fun to follow on social media because of his work with dragons. I am someone who follows a lot of pet/animal Instagram accounts because I am obsessed with all of animals and I'd love to have my timeline filled with dragon photos and videos. A few Charlie Weasley selfies wouldn't hurt either. 

Eric "Bitty" Bittle
Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu
Bitty already has a social media presence because he's a vlogger! So this may kind of be cheating, but I just think he'd be so much fun to follow on social media. There are a few vlogger/YouTubers I follow where they make a video where it's more polished and put together, but you can see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on their social media. I think seeing the behind the scenes moments with the hockey team or even Bitty baking would be really cute and fun. 

Alex Claremont- Diaz 
Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

The son of the president probably wouldn't be allowed to have a huge public social media presence, so lets say we somehow are following their private unknown social media accounts. I think Alex's social media presence would be so interesting, and posts of his relationship with Henry especially after the events of this story would be so sweet to see! 

Gideon
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
If you've clicked any of my Top Ten Tuesdays in the last few weeks you're probably annoyed with how much I mention this book lately and I apologize but I love Gideon with my whole heart. She's one of my biggest fictional crushes. Gideon has this sarcastic sometimes dark, often crude personality at times and I think she'd be hilarious on Twitter. She has a soft side and she fights for the little guy so I think she'd do really well on Twitter. 

Evelyn Hugo
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn  Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Evelyn Hugo is such a complex character, someone I really love and respect. I think she gives off a kind of untouchable type of celebrity vibe in the story, and I think being able to follow her on social media would be really interesting. I know she's a very closed off private celebrity in the literary world Reid has crafted, but I think even getting a surface level insight to who Evelyn Hugo was when she wasn't acting would have been really cool. 

Tana 
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

I think this book is so underrated! Granted, its been a hot second since I've read it, but I have such good memories surrounded by this book. I think the world Black crafted is such an interesting one and because this story is a bit of a journey story where Tana and the other characters are traveling I think Tana's social media presence would be really cool. I kind of see it as almost a documentary type way where Tana is just filming her experiences and documenting her reality. 

Simon Snow
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
Goodreads

I am picking Wayward Son because like The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, it's a journey/travel story. A lot happens in Wayward Son in terms of excitement, like I can't help but really want to see them at the renaissance fair. I can't help but picture Simon's Instagram of him with Penelope and Baz just taking photos and having a good time together. I may have had my issues with this book, but I think it would be so fun to see through Simon's eyes on social media. 

Mina Ashido 
My Hero Academia manga series by Kohei Horikoshi 

I think Mina would absolutely be the one to have a big social media presence. She's a bit of a background character, so she isn't focused on as heavily as the other characters, so I think she'd have a really cool perspective. Plus, she'd easily post a little drama and behind the scenes of Class 1-A. Especially with them moving into the dorms?! I would love that. 

Thanks for reading! 
Who are some characters you'd follow on social media?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, Charlie is a great choice! I'd read about dragons all day.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I feel like I have crushed on so many Weasley characters but Charlie is one that I think deserves more hype!! He's great.

      Delete
  2. I still would like to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Or a Darker Shade of Magic. I want to know more about them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love them when you read them!! They're absolutely worth it.

      Delete
  3. What a great prompt! I'd definitely follow Charlie too (and I feel like Fred and George's Twitter would be HILARIOUS). I've always thought Lydia from Pride and Prejudice would have a great SM profile too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss the twins would be so funny!! I never thought of Lydia, but you're absolutely right her social media presence would be so great! :D

      Delete