Monday, October 2, 2017

September Wrap-Up


This is where I talk about how the month went for me when it came to reading and some events that maybe sparked me to read more (or stopped me from reading as much as I wanted to). I also link all the reviews I did in the month, talk about any books I DNFed, discuss my plans for the following month, and give updates of my life.

This month may be one of my worst reading wise, my mental health has had a lot of ups and downs, which has affected my motivation to read. However, I am not upset because I read some really great books this month.

Book Reviews 

Faith Volume 2: California Scheming 
Because You Love to Hate Me by Ameriie
Big Mushy Happy Lump by Sarah Andersen 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Faith Volume 3: Superstar 

DNF

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray

I started Beauty Queens on a whim after there was talk of an all women Lord of the Flies and people were making jokes that this already exists, and referred people to Beauty Queens. I looked it up on my online library to see if maybe I could snag it, and I got about 40% through before realizing it wasn't for me. It was just a bit all over the place and for me, trying too hard. I could have picked it up at the wrong time, but for now I am going to keep it on my DNF list. 

Non-Book Updates 

Like I said earlier, my mental health has had some ups and downs this month. I have been having issues staying motivated to read, or really to do a lot of things I typically love to do. I have already started and finished a book for October, so I am hoping that is a good sign of things getting a bit better. My fiancé and I are checking out wedding venues sometime this month, which is so exciting and something I am so pumped for. October is my favorite month because of my birthday, Halloween, the season changing, and the cooler weather. So hopefully all of that will keep my spirits up this month.

I did post something new in September, which is my first Take A Moment Monday post. Anytime I feel like I need to get information out to you guys or I want to document my life a bit more and don't know where to put it, I plan on doing these. Just a couple weeks ago I did it to just give everyone a heads up why I've been absent. I'll link it below for anyone interested.

Take A Moment Monday: Reading Slumps, Anxiety, and Distractions

I have a habit of posting, promoting my post, and then disappearing into myself. I want to be more involved in the community, but my panic/anxiety disorder and depression have been one of my main causes of feeling too frozen to being more social. So I apologize if I have been more quiet, and I hope to do better in the future. 

October Reading Plans  

I have two books from the library I have had for FAR TOO LONG (because I have requested extensions) that I really need to read so I can bring them back. Those being On Writing by Stephen King and The Broke-Ass Bride's Wedding Guide by Dana LaRue. Both of these will hopefully be read in the first week or so of October. Other than that, I have a book I pre-ordered that comes out October 3rd titled Wild Beauty by Anna Marie McLemore that immediately caught my eye. The cover is stunning and it sounds so interesting.Other than that, I am playing it by ear. I am still doing pretty well at not requesting too many books from the library. I just need to get better at actually reading the books I have on my kindle/shelves instead of not reading at all.

Overall I am optimistic about October being a better month, hopefully in a month from now I am not completely proven wrong. Either way, I hope everyone had a great September and has an amazing spooktastic October.

Thanks for reading!




1 comment: