Wednesday, September 27, 2017

[Comic Book Review] Faith Volume 3: Superstar by Jody Houser




Review for Volume 1: Hollywood & Vine
Review for Volume 2: California Scheming

As Los Angeles' high-flying protector, Faith as inspired the dreams of an entire metropolis... Now get ready to meet its worst nightmare When an escaped psiot prisoner starts tearing through the streets, Faith must stop her fiery rampage before all hell breaks loose! But this isn't just any ordinary threat... Not only can this empowered escapee drain the energy of everything in sight, she's one of L.A.'s most controversial pop stars to boot!


5 STARS 

I cannot stress how much I absolutely love this comic series. I didn't think I'd find a superhero I 100% loved and even if I love Iron Man/Tony Stark, I couldn't relate to him the way I relate to Faith. Shes constantly blowing me away and I cannot thank the creators at Valiant Comics enough for creating her. 

In this volume Faith goes against pretty intense stuff. She has to save a pop star from a talking demonic cat, her past literally comes back to haunt her, and she meets (and saves) Hilary Clinton from being attacked by another psiot. I like that we are seeing more of Faith with her friends and she's definitely shown more vulnerability in these issues. Which is great. I feel like every time I pick up a new volume of Faith I learn something new about her character while also feeling like I've known her forever. 

Without getting into details, I want to say that this volume is definitely less on the humorous side, and I even teared up at one part. The writers/artists definitely pull you in and get you invested which I always love, especially with comics. I think the art in Faith is one of my favorites that I've seen in comics. Sometimes the artist changes from issue to issue, and you see those changes, but they all hold the same vibe so it's easy to keep on reading and loving it. The coloring is one of my favorite parts, everything seem so vibrant and perfect. I am also loving the writing and the fact that Faith is developing so many friendships. We didn't see much of her boyfriend in this volume, which is always a bummer, but seeing her friendship with Klara and Paige. I definitely want to see more of them. 

Overall, I loved this volume. Like the others it had me emotionally invested and I could not put it down until I finished it. I loved the Valiant Election 2016 Special, and I loved that Faith and Hilary Clinton met. It was pretty cool. Faith's overall sense of good is one of my favorite things about her and I cannot wait to pick up volume 4. 

Thanks for reading!  

 

2 comments: