Tuesday, March 17, 2020

[Top Ten Tuesday] Spring TBR 2020



Photo Credit
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week we are discussing the books we are planning to read this spring! I can't believe spring is almost here, but honestly I am so ready because Maine's winters are rough and I am absolutely over it. Granted, I hate the hot weather so really I am just never happy 😂 but seriously, I am excited for the spring.  However, I don't think I'll have ten books on this list. There's a great chance I'll read ten books, but I don't want to slap books on this list just to hit the ten book mark. So these are the books I'm planning on picking up, but I'll probably have others I'll be inspired to read that I don't even know about yet.

Let's jump into my TBR!

* * *

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell 
Susanna Clarke

This book has been on my TBR lists for far too long. I always intended to read it and then I would push it aside because I was intimidated by the size. However, the month of March the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons game will be coming out, and I know I am going to feel guilty that it's going to take up a lot of my reading time. So, I am going to allow myself to just focus on reading this one in moments where I'm coming up for air from playing AC:NH! That way, although I will have read only one book, I will still feel proud that I finally accomplished the goal of reading this beast of a book. I'm pretty excited!


The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm finally going to try out this series! I've watched the movies, but I have never read the books so I am excited to finally give them a try! I'd love to read the entire series before the summer is over, but we'll see how this one goes first. I am genuinely so pumped and I hope I love it. 

Harrow the Ninth
Tamsyn Muir

I know I won't shut up about Gideon the Ninth. It was the last book I read in 2019 and it's still on my mind basically everyday. I need to buy a copy, re-read it (maybe, if I have the patience not to jump to Harrow), and then read Harrow the Ninth. I am so incredibly excited to continue the series and have my heart shattered some more. 

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

I loved the TV Show, so I am ready to love the book too! You'll probably see some other Gaiman books on this list and just in general on my blog because I want to read more of his books. Maybe after I'll read Pratchett's books because this will be the first book I've read of his! Overall, very excited. 

LumberJanes
Noelle Stevenson | Grace Ellis | Shannon Watters | Brook A. Allen 
I've read a handful of these volumes but that was years ago. I want to re-read them to get a nice refresher so I can continue the series! I remember absolutely loving them, so I am really pumped. They'll be a good thing to pick up if I need a small break from Jonathan Strange or any of the other fantasy books on this list. 

 Stardust
Neil Gaiman
I've never read this one or watched the movie, so I have little idea of what to expect outside of the synopsis, but I know it's so well loved. I'm hoping I love this one as much as everyone else! It sounds stunning and like it's going to make me cry. I'm pumped. 
 
Birds of Prey: Harley Quinn
Amanda Conner | Jimmy Palmiotti
My husband got this one for me for Valentine's Day and I am really excited to read it! I absolutely loved the movie, so I am pretty excited to get more Harley content.  

Smoke & Mirrors: Short Fictions & Illusions 
Neil Gaiman

I've had this book on my shelf for years, and I need to just read it! I've wanted to read it for a while but I keep pushing it off because short stories can be hit or miss for me. However, it's Gaiman, so I assume I'll love it! It's a good one to maybe read a story in between other books since as I make this list I realize I've got so many fantasy books. 

Thanks for reading!
What books do you plan on reading in the spring? 


12 comments:

  1. The Hobbit was such a fun story. Enjoy!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like Gaiman I recommend The Graveyard Book.
    My ttt
    http://www.thehauntedgravebooks.com/2020/03/spring-2020-tbr-or-what-i-am-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that one on my kindle!! I'm hoping to finally read it in Autumn!! <3

      Delete
  3. Ooooh the Neil Gaiman short stories sound so good!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Omens is so awesome - the tv show is an excellent adaptation! Have you seen the adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell because it's pretty fantastic too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Good Omens show! I am happy to hear it's a good adaptation! I haven't seen the Jonathan Strange show though, I've been avoiding it so I can read the book! I can't wait to watch it finally! :D

      Delete
  5. I hate the hot weather, too, and I live in Arizona! Eternal summer is rough :)

    Enjoy all these. I especially love STARDUST. It's a great book.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phewww no thank you! Arizona gets so hot!! How do you live?! :D And yay!! I hear nothing but amazing things about Stardust so I am so excited :) Happy TTT! <3

      Delete
  6. My kid loves the Lumberjanes!! It's a cool series. I hope you love all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the first few volumes a while back and loved them! I cannot wait to re-read and then continue on! And thank you so much <3 :)

      Delete