Friday, January 3, 2020

December 2019 Wrap-Up




Photo Credit
December is now over so now it's time to reflect on both of the months! In this post I will list my book reviews, other blog posts, movies, tv shows, life updates, music, and plans for the next month. I will of course link any reviews and anything non-bookish (which means I don't have a review) I will write a few sentences of my general thoughts! I can't believe we are officially in 2020! A decade has ended, it seems unbelievable that we are starting a new decade. It feels like a great big clean slate and gives me all the excitement about new projects, new books, and more reading challenges.

Let's jump into my wrap-up for December!


 * = favorite book of the month


Bee and Puppycat by Natasha Allegri
Fence Volume One by C.S. Pacat *
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir *

Movies Watched

[Disney +] The Pacifier - Matt and I wanted to watch a movie, and we had recently gotten Disney + so we decided to randomly watch this one! It's one we've both seen and love. It's a good time if you haven't watched it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Movie Theaters] Frozen II - I really enjoyed this one!! It had it's issues, but as a whole I found it so enjoyable and the music is gorgeous. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Netflix] The Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby -  This movie is the third in the...franchise (?) and I think it was definitely better than the second one, which was a disappointment, but I still liked the first one the best. ⭐⭐⭐
[Netflix DVD] Alita: Battle Angel - As a whole, this movie was fun, but something too spoiler-y happens in this movie that I hate. It's a common trope that happens a lot in movies/shows and every time it happens in something I am watching I immediately stopped watching. Matt still wanted to watch, so I did too, but I definitely stopped paying attention. ⭐⭐
[Disney +] The Nightmare Before Christmas - This one is such a huge favorite of both of ours. I could watch this movie every single month. It's such a classic and it means a bunch to both of us. We decided to watch it on Friday the 13th because it seemed appropriate. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[DVD] IT Part One -My weird ass family decided we'd watch part one and two after my niece went to bed Christmas night, and it was a lot of fun. I had already watched this one before, but it was a fun re-watch. I enjoy these movies okay, they're a little spooky, but not as spooky as I expected them to be. ⭐⭐⭐
[DVD] IT Part Two - This is the one I hadn't seen yet. I was a bit overworked and exhausted that day (I was getting over being sick) so I missed a chunk of it but I thought it was really fun. I was a bit taken back by the opening scene, but once Matt told me why it was written into the book I had more of an understanding, it just felt a bit graphic. ⭐⭐⭐⭐
[Netflix DVD] Godzilla - This was a lot of fun! I didn't absolutely love it, but I enjoyed it a lot. I also love how pretty Mothra was. ⭐⭐⭐.5

TV Shows (Currently Watching)

[Funimation] MHA Season 4 - This season has been amazing so far!! I am loving it, and although I have read a lot of the manga so I know where the story will go, I've been a mess about this season so far.
[Netflix] You - I am really liking this season so far. We are only a handful of episodes in, and it feels very same-y to the first season so I'm hoping things start to switch up a little soon.
[Netflix] Madoka Magica - I am enjoying this okay so far! It's been our morning show we watch while having breakfast before Matt heads off to work.
[Netflix] Maid-Sama -This is a show I've been watching on my own, and I am really enjoying it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started it because I kind of started watching it on a whim but it's been incredibly wholesome. It kind of gives me Fruits Basket vibes, which is another show I love.

TV Shows (Finished)

[Funimation] Free! - I finished both seasons of this and watched all the side "movies" and I am in love with this anime. It's definitely one of my top five favorites. The characters mean so much to me and I love them so incredibly much.
[Netflix] The Dragon Prince - I finally got Matt to watch this one with me so we started it from the beginning and he loved it! And then we got to finish up season 3 together since I hadn't seen that one yet. I am happy he liked it and now we just have to wait for the next season!
[Netflix] Vampire Knight - This was such a weird show, and although it was a fun time watching it because of how weird it was, I am not sure if I'd recommend it and I definitely wouldn't re-watch.
[Amazon Prime] Good Omens -THIS WAS SO GOOD! I am so mad it took us so long to watch it and I already plan on reading the book in 2020! Highly recommended if you haven't seen it yet!

Music

[Album] Fine Line by Harry Styles - This is such a good album! I wasn't the biggest fan of his first solo album (but I love Sign of the Times and it is still a favorite of mine) so I was worried I wouldn't like this one and I was wrong. It is amazing.
[Artist] Doja Cat - I have really been getting into Doja Cat more and more lately. She's so good. Right now Say So has been a favorite of mine.
[Song] Maniac by Conan Gray - I still need to get into Conan Gray's other music, but I love this song so much!
[Song] STUPID by Ashnikko ft. Yung Baby Tate - More artists I need to look into but this is a song I really love and constantly play.
[Album] Frozen II Soundtrack -This soundtrack is so much fun to listen to especially in the winter!

Apps/Games

[Nintendo Switch] Pokemon Shield - I finished this one! It was such a good Pokemon game! I still need to focus on catching all of the Pokemon and doing the extra battles. But I finished the original story line and the extra one.
[Nintendo Switch] Luigi's Mansion 3 - I have barely started this one, so I don't have too much to say, but it's been so much fun so far! I loved the one for my 3DS so I am so excited  Matt got me this one for Christmas.

Life Updates

December has had it's ups and downs. On one hand,  I got a bit sick for two weeks and I was in a lot of pain, so that sucked, but on the other hand I had a really good holiday with Matt and my family, and then again another Christmas with Matt's family. It was really sweet and perfect. Also, our videographer got back to us with our wedding video! I'll link it here for anyone interested in watching!

Reading wise, I didn't do as well as I wanted to. But Gideon the Ninth took longer than I expected because of the whole getting sick thing during the holidays. So although I read less than I wanted to, I also found a couple new favorites, so I can't be too mad.

January TBR


Honestly, I am unsure how I wanted to start my January reading wise. I plan on reading Little Women when my library request arrives, and I have the second volume of Fence to read before it's due in the beginning of  January. But other than that, I still need to make a plan. My library has this little section where they put books for free that haven't been borrowed in a while or at all. I have acquired a nice amount of books from there along with so many book gifted to us through gift cards I need to focus on in 2020. I think for now instead of making a list, I am going to just see how I am feeling for the first month of 2020.

Thanks for reading!

What was your favorite read of December? I'd love to know!


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I loved Frozen II as well. It was just amazing :)

    I started season 2 of You but stopped three episodes in. I read the episode guide and wasn't happy with how things ended, so I didn't want to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year friend!!

      Ah I am so happy you loved it too! It was so gorgeous I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again!

      Yeah, season two was okay for me. I predicted one of the big twists earlier on, which is something I don't do often so I am assuming it was a bit predictable. The show is an entertaining one for me but I can absolutely understand why someone may not like it.

      I hope your 2020 is filled with 5 star reads Amy! <3

      Delete