Friday, September 1, 2017

August Wrap-Up


This is where I talk about how the month went for me when it came to reading and some events that maybe sparked me to read more (or stopped me from reading as much as I wanted to). I also link all the reviews I did in the month, talk about any books I DNFed, and I discuss my plans for the following month!

This month has been okay for books. I read a lot less than last month and some of the books I wasn't a huge fan of. But there were a few gems I did enjoy a lot.

Book Reviews

Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Final Girls by Riley Sager
Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded by Hannah Hart
See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt
Faith Volume 1 by Jody Houser
Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy

DNF

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero. Meddling Kids was a book I was really excited about because it was basically described to me as a more adult Scooby-Doo mystery. Including the gang and a dog. Unfortunately, I found it too slow and a bit boring. I enjoyed what I read so far of the characters, but not enough to continue. It was just so underwhelming and for a mystery not very enthralling.

Non-Book Updates 

I normally do not do this, but I am thinking of incorporating it into my wrap-ups. Although this is a reading blog, it's also something I am documenting my life with. One big thing is my fiancé and I got FitBits and we have been doing more exercising, which I am really proud of. I've also started therapy, which is something I have been needing for years and I have been too scared to do it. I am hoping it helps and I can have better head days. I have been going through depression and anxiety and it has only been getting worse. I think it's affecting my motivation to blog and even to read so I am really hoping the more I go the better I'll feel.

On a happier note, it was recently my pup's "Gotcha Day" so we got him a new toy, treats, brought him to the dog park and made him a steak. It was a really fun day, and I am happy I was able to spoil him.



September Reading Plans 

In September (and maybe longer) I decided that I need to stop borrowing from the library as much and focus on this books I need to read from my shelves or on my kindle. I am actually really excited about this because I have so many books on my kindle and shelves I have been wanting to read for a while but I keep pushing off. So I am allowing myself to borrow from the library, but not as often. This will probably be a bit hard for me and I have already almost messed up so I need to just keep reminding myself it'll be worth it in the end. I have a few library books that I requested ages ago. Those being Because You Love to Hate Me by Ameriie, two more Faith comic volumes, and On Writing by Stephen King. I have Ultimate Sacrifice by S.E. Green to read before the release date. I am really excited to read these books. I may pick up other writing books that I have on my shelves because I want to write more and I need keep improving my writing. Of course also Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas is coming out soon and that'll be on my kindle waiting for me on release day.


Thanks for reading!



How was your month?

5 comments:

  1. Awww puppy!! He's so cute!

    Looks like it's been an exhausting month, Heather. Sorry about the anxiety :( I can totally relate and it sucks. I hope you have a much more calming September! <3

    Congrats again on the engagement!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 It's rough but hopefully with going every week I'll be able to feel better and get better! I hope you had a good month!

      And thank you! We will be planning soon. Which will be so exciting 😁

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Dumplin! I will link my review below! :D

    And yes! Exactly! I need to start reading the books I own. I have so many that just keep piling up and I keep borrowing from the library instead. It's insane haha. I hope you're able to stick to it! I know it's going to be a real challenge for me hahaha.

    Dumplin Review:

    http://heathersreadinghideaway.blogspot.com/2017/08/book-review-dumplin-by-julie-murphy.html

    ReplyDelete