Friday, July 26, 2019

[Comic Book Review] Moonstruck Vol. 2: Some Enchanted Evening by Grace Ellis




Werewolf barista Julie and her supernatural friends try to unwind at a party, but a conniving fraternity of fairy bros has other plans for our heroes. With one of their friends trapped in the frat house and the winter solstice (a notable night of magical mischief) looming ever-closer, it's up to the amorous werewolves and gregarious centaur to save the day.

* * *

This comic series is so dang cute and I will never get over it's adorableness. Like the last volume, the characters are all so sweet and the world that has been created is such a fun one to read about. 

The characters are some of my favorite parts of this series. Especially Julie and Selena, who are this adorable werewolf couple who have the sweetest moments in the entire show. I think this series in general is a fluffy fun story about all kinds of supernatural characters, but I think Julie and Selena's romance is my favorite part. I also love Julie's co-worker (they work at a coffee shop) Chet, who is often the comic relief. It's easy to see these characters as family, and they even feel like a found family. 

I honestly wish this was some sort of animated tv show. They would have to get the original artist Shae Beagle because their art is absolutely perfect. I couldn't help but take so many photos of my favorite art pieces in this comic volume. The colors, bubbly illustrations, and different body types and diversities makes this comic such a vibrant one that I cannot get enough of. 

I am not the biggest fan of the angst between Julie and Selena. It seemed to kind of show up out of nowhere and it felt unnecessary. I think either it needed to build up more or have them have a different conflict. The good news is that the volume isn't very long and the conflict doesn't take up much of the story, so it wasn't too angsty. 

Overall, I highly recommend this series. If you like supernatural type stories this could be the comic series for you! It's mostly based on magical supernatural creatures, their adventures, working at the coffee shop, a little bit of romance, and a found family. 




Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you're in the mood for some fluff and cuteness this is definitely the one to pick up!

      Delete