Friday, May 31, 2019

[Book Blogger Hop] May 31st-June 6th: Reading Long Books



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you read books over 400 pages? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

Sure! Length of books do not stop me from reading them, and 400 pages is actually fairly average. Typically a book needs to be over 600 pages for me to put more care into when I read it because of the length. There are a few long books I have put off because of their length and the commitment it'll take to read but I do plan on reading them!

What about you? Do you avoid books that are longer because of their length?

Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. I usually don't read long books. But, I remember how nice it felt (when reading The Border) to have only one book to read and to be immersed completely in its world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't pay attention to page length. I just read books based on genre.

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! 600+ might give me pause, depending on the book, but generally size doesn't matter so much. If I could make it through Les Miserables and War and Peace in one year, any other sized book I want to read pales in comparison. LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I have to be honest and say that books with this many pages does tend to put me off, 200-300 is my average. I'm not a speedy reader! That’s not to say I haven’t read longer and really enjoyed them, there are at least half a dozen books on my Goodreads 5 star rating shelf that are over 400 pages.

    I think it helps if there’s enough going on in the plot to keep me engaged, for example, Blade of Darkness by Dianne Duvall was 541 pages long and I absolutely loved it and devoured every page! The same with Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia which is a whopping 735 pages long.

    But my reading time is limited so I have to choose wisely. ;-)

    ReplyDelete