Friday, March 29, 2019

[Book Blogger Hop] March 29th-April 4th: One Classic I Want To Read



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Name one classic novel you have always wanted to read.  (submitted by Billy @ Ramblings of a  Coffee Addicted Writer)


Answer: 

Little Women! I hear amazing things but I just haven't gotten around to sitting down and reading it. There is this gorgeous copy that was released to celebrate an anniversary of the publishing date (I believe 150 years) and I want it so badly. I haven't been spoiled by any of it, surprisingly, so I am hoping to keep it that way up till I can read it.

What about you? What classic novel have you been meaning to read?


Thanks for stopping by my post!


10 comments:

  1. I think you're going to be able to guess my pick! :)

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to read that one, too, but every time I try I end up putting it down and not picking it up. Maybe I should try again. I love the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie! The old one or the newer one. I cannot wait to! I hope you like it if you end up picking it up! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to pick up Little Women at some point this year. I'd like to get to it before the new movie comes out.😊
    Friday Spotlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! I hope we both end up reading & liking it :D <3

      Delete
  4. My tastes are quite different. But, I had to choose a traditional classic novel it might be The Metaphysics of Morals by Kant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really curious about Little Women. I'd like to read it before the movie, so we'll see! I want to read something else by Jane Austen too - I've only read Persuasion.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, yes, Little Women! I read it for the first time not long ago, and LOVED it! But I think it's crucial to read a good introduction to the text, or some background on Alcott, before you dive in - I'm so glad I did, otherwise I'm not sure I would have fully appreciated what she did in that novel. There's a whole stack of classics I'm yet to read that I want to get to - the first that comes to mind is The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall (I've read Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, so it only seems fair I give Anne a go too!).

    ReplyDelete