Sunday, October 21, 2018

The Birthday Book Tag




It's my 27th birthday (!!!) and like any book lover, I want to spend my birthday talking all about books! I had stumbled upon this book tag on the Books Amino app when another user did the tag on their birthday, and I saved it so I could do the same once my birthday arrived. The Birthday Book Tag was created by a Books Amino user by the name of Antonia, and I'll link her original tag here. I highly recommend checking out her post!

Let's jump into the questions!

1. Birthday Cake - A book with a plot that seems cliché but you adore it anyway.  

Rapunzel and the Lost Lagoon by Leila Howland 


When I picked up this book I knew it would be fairly predictable and cliché because it's middle grade. I am a huge lover of middle grade books, but as an adult you can catch things earlier. However, with Tangled being my favorite Disney Princess movie I had to pick this up. And I of course absolutely adored everything about this book.





2. Party Guests - Your most anticipated book release for this year.

 Vengeful by V.E. Schwab

This is already out, it came out late September, but I haven't got a chance to read it yet so I am cheating and using it as my answer. I am hoping to get to it once I am through all the books I have from the library. It's been taunting me from my pile of books. I am beyond excited. Vicious is one of my favorite (honestly, maybe my favorite) Schwab book, so I cannot wait to continue the story.





3. Birthday Presents - A book that surprised you with how much you love it.

Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh


I cannot believe I first read this book THIS YEAR. I have read it about six times so far, and  I've read the sequel Song of the Dead twice. I love this duology so much and I cannot wait for the sequel to be released next year so everyone else can get their hands on it also. These characters hold so much space in my heart I love them so much.





4. "Happy Birthday" Song - A book that certainly deserved all the hype it got.

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 


 It took me too long to pick up this trilogy and the minute I was hooked I was cursing myself for not starting it sooner. They're so big and daunting but I absolutely think they're worth the commitment. Kell is probably one of my top five favorite characters ever. I cannot wait to buy copies for myself so I can re-read them. I already gifted a copy to my dad for his birthday.



5. Happy Music - A book with some very beautiful and truly memorable quotes.

Puddin' by Julie Murphy


Sometimes you read a book that feels like the author reached into your brain and wrote your experiences and thoughts down for everyone to read. Puddin' was one of the only handful times I've experiences that. Especially when it came to being a fat girl who doesn't hate her body. There were so many beautiful quotes I highlighted in this book and I definitely need to buy a physial copy so I can go through and underline my favorites.



6. Getting Older - A book that you read a long time ago, but you think you would appreciate more if you read it s a more mature reader.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 


I read this in high school, and although I remember enjoying it I have to admit that I don't remember a lot from the plot. I have read the synopsis since then and a lot of it doesn't seem familiar so I genuinely think I forgot most of the story. I would probably appreciate it more as an adult than I did in high school.





7. Sweet  Birthday Memories - A book that kept you incredibly happy during a sad or demanding period of your life.

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 


I may not be the biggest fan of Rowling right now with everything to do with the new franchise and everything with social media but I cannot thank her enough for this series. It brought me closer with my Nan, it made me feel less lonely, and it really sparked my love for reading. Harry's story will forever be a comfort to me and I cannot imagine a day where I don't turn to it when I need to feel safe.





Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Noooooo it was my 27th birthday a month ago... So sad that I didn't know about this awesome tag!

    Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Belated Birthday!! Save it for next year! :D <3

      And thank you so much!

      Delete