Friday, August 31, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] August 31st-September 6th: Do I Have A Booktube Channel?



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you have a YouTube channel? If so, do you post book review vlogs?  (submitted by Billy @ A Coffee Addicted Writer)

Answer: 

I used to! I ended up putting all my videos on private and stopping after I was getting pretty rude comments that I wasn't really ready to have to mediate. It took a bit of a toll on me and made me not want to make videos anymore. I was (still am, probably) a bit too sensitive and when it was people not in the BookTube community found a few of my videos and started commenting pretty awful stuff I wasn’t sure how to handle it. I decided to take a break and then my laptop broke so I took it as a sign and I stopped. I prefer blogging.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to experience that! Some people can be so rude. I don't have a YouTube channel and don't think I ever will. I much prefer the written word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I prefer blogging too. I prefer writing my opinions on books instead of making videos. It makes things a bit more fun for me.

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete