Monday, December 4, 2017

The 12 Books of Christmas Challenge



I am participating in The 12 Books of Christmas Challenge which is being hosted by Just Another Girl and her Books and Caroline Andrus. The goal is to read and review as many holiday themed books as you can between November 24th and December 24th. I am a bit behind on planning because I only just heard about it recently but I am really excited to at least try to achieve some of the goals and have some fun.



So here are rules. However, because this is supposed to be a fun, lighthearted challenge the rules are simple.

1. Tell everybody about the 12 Books of Christmas Challenge (#12BooksOfXmas).
2. Build a blog post or create a Goodreads shelf of the books you intend to read for the challenge. You can read outside your list, this is just a starting point. Then go to the original post here, add your name, and link up. Also visit the other bloggers and see what they're reading. Bloggers, be sure to link the original post so everyone who wants to join can find it easily.
3. Reviews must be posted between November 24st and December 24th. The review-link up will be on the original post to add your reviews as you get them posted.
4. Any winter holiday books count (i.e.: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.)
5 There are four achievement levels for this challenge, so read as few or as many books as you want.
6. Have fun!

I highly doubt I will be able to read twelve holiday books this month, but I'd be happy with 5-8. My goal is 5, but if I read more than I'll just feel extra accomplished.

My Holiday-Themed Line Up!

The Christmas Town by Donna VanLiere
The 13th Gift by Joanna Huist
The Life and Adventure of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum
Hiddensee by Gregory Macguire
1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber

BONUS:

The Christmas Train by David Baldacci
Silver  Bells by Luanne Rice
A Dog Named Christmas by Greg Kincaid
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

There you have it! That's my ambitious (for me, at least) holiday themed TBR.  If you are participating tell me! I'll keep my eye out for your holiday book reviews. Good luck to everyone participating and Happy Holidays.


Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment