Saturday, November 25, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] November 24-30th



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
What's your immediate feeling when entering a bookstore, as compared to how you feel when entering a department store?

Answer: 
I love bookstores, but I typically do not buy from bookstores very often. There aren't any big company bookstores in my area (unless I want to drive 45 minutes to an hour) and I still need to try out some of the local ones around me. However, I do not like going into stores, bookstore or department, very often. Shopping in general makes me feel a bit queasy and nauseous. If I can, I prefer to shop online. It's genuinely cheaper and I don't get as anxious. So although I prefer bookstores over department stores, I am still not the biggest fan. I typically can’t be in a store for more than 30 minutes to an hour before feeling sick. It has something to do with my anxiety I believe. It’s definitely something I’ve been working on.

However, the deals in the clearance aisles of Books-A-Million and Barnes and Noble make me so happy. I wish one of them were closer to me, I loved finding good deals in those sections of the store. It is always a bit of rush for me to see a book I've had my eye on for a while in the clearance section for less than like five bucks.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely find myself saying "I can just get this on Amazon" when I'm out shopping, even for books. But I'm also not in a position to shop clearance aisles at like B&N because I'm in the wrong country for that.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens to me all the time! I am always like "$18 for a book I can get on Amazon for $12?! Noooo thank you!" Haha.

      Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  2. I love the deals in the clearance/bargain aisles. I usually buy online from either Amazon or Barnes & Noble, but if I get the chance to go to B&N, I go. It gives me a sense of peace.

    ReplyDelete