Wednesday, August 16, 2017

[Book Tag] The Mystery Blogger Award


Huge thank you to Erica over at Erica Robyn Reads for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award! The original post can be found on Okoto Enigmas Blog. Okoto is a nineteen year old blogger who created this award because she is aware that there are so many amazing blogs out there not getting the recognition they deserve and she's trying to change that. She is hoping this "builds a link between bloggers in the blogosphere". I think it's a great idea, and I recommend checking out her website https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com/.

 The Rules
  1. Put the award logo/image on your blog. 
  2. List the rules.
  3. Thank whoever nominated you an provide a link to their blog. 
  4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
  5. Tell your readers three things about yourself. 
  6. You have to nominate 10-20 people. 
  7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. 
  8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
  9. Share a link to your best post(s). 

Three Things About Myself
  1. My fiancé and I have a caricature of us as zombies. We got it when we went to a tattoo convention five years ago (I'll picture it under these, with a photo of us normally so you can see how it compares. I used to have purple hair, and it used to be way shorter, but I cannot seem to find a good photo of us at that time.)
  2. I have a huge crush on Erica Durance, the actress who plays Lois Lane in The CW show Smallville. She's probably my biggest celebrity crush. I highly recommend the show.
  3. Although my favorite pets are dogs (specifically poodles), my favorite animal is an owl.


Links To Some of My Best Posts
Heather & Matt Engagement Photos w/ Book Quotes 
[Top 5 Wednesday] Gryffindor Books 
[Bookish Lists] Bookish Pet Peeves 
20 Lessons From Harry Potter


Erica's Questions

What is the scariest/ most thrilling book you've read?
I'd have to say NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. This book had me pretty freaked out for a good portion of the book, which is impressive considering the kindle copy is about a thousand pages long. I highly recommend it, especially in late autumn/early winter. 

What is your favorite book to screen adaptation?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I know it's missed parts from the book but it's the one I can watch the most. It's my comfort watch and it's a movie I know by heart and can recite the lines as they are being said. It's one of the most magical movies ever made.

Do you use your local library? If so how often?
All the time. About 90% of the books I've read this year are from my local library. I love using my library because I cannot afford to buy every book I read. Or even 2/3 of the books I read. And because I read 80-100 books a year this is ideal.

What is your current obsession (podcast, genre, youtuber, musical artist, movie, etc)?
My biggest current non-book obsession is this Fitbit Flex I got to motivate me to take more walks and try to be healthier. I am loving it. My current bookish obsession would have to be trying to finish my local library's summer reading bingo challenge! I love doing little reading challenges like this.

Who is your biggest book blogger role model?
I feel like I am obvious biased and I want to say Erica from Erica Robyn Reads (her link is above), the blogger who nominated me, but I think it's a bias because she's my best friend. However, she is one of the best. Besides her, I would have to say another Erica blogger I know, Erica Watkins from The Literary Apothocary. She's so sweet and I love her content. I highly highly recommend both these ladies.

My Nominees
Some of these bloggers I try to read as much of their stuff as possible because I love their content, and the others I have just recently discovered. I highly recommend them all and of course, to the bloggers themselves: if you are not interested in doing this you don't have to, but if you do please tell me so I can read your answers! I plan on tagging ten people who I think would have a lot of fun with this, but if you've already done it tell me in the comments below. Even if they're not my questions I'd love to read your blog post.

Darque Dreamer @ Darque Dreamer Reads
Maggie @ The Caramel Files
Jesse Butler @ Nerdy Book Life
Laura Turner @ Pageturnersnook
Erica Watkins @ The Literary Apothocary 
Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks
Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews
Megan @ Book Birds 
Jessica @ a GREAT read
Lii @ Girl Hearts Book


Questions For My Nominees  

  1. When hunkering down for the night (or day) that you plan on dedicating solely to reading, what are some essentials for you to have so it goes smoothly with little interruptions?
  2. What fictional magical weapon/object would you want to possess?
  3. Do/Can you listen to music while reading? If so, all types of music or only a specific kind?
  4. What is one trope you'll never get sick of?
  5. If your favorite book was adapted into a movie/tv show, who would you cast as the main characters? If it's already been adapted, would you change who was chosen?


Thank you for reading!


8 comments:

  1. That caricature is awesome!! I wish I could use my local library. It literally only has a wall that is about 10 feet wide for the YA section, and the other sections are just as small :(

    Thank you for the nomination beautiful!! I will post on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And awww that is such a bummer! Can your library borrow from other libraries? That is how I get most of the books I read from my library.

      Of course <3 I cannot wait to read your answers! Please tweet/comment/dm however you want and tell me when you post it! :D

      Delete
  2. :) Great answers!! Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course E! Thanks for nominating me/asking awesome questions! :)

      Delete
  3. I can pretty much do the same with the HP movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to lose yourself into them and the more you watch the more you realize you've pretty much memorized the entire thing!! It's insane.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me, I haven't done this yet, I'll try to find a spot for it on my blog calendar for October or sometime around that :) that zombie picture! So creepy xD I would feel strange to have one of my own, but when it's not me in it, I think it's pretty cool :D (you could say I'm supersticious xD)
    I enjoyed your answers for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course take your time! I am so excited to read your answers. Please tell me/tag me when you end up posting it! :) And thanks! It's definitely a creepy caricature ;).

      <3

      Delete