Friday, September 28, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] September 28th - October 4th: Blog Post Views



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you sneak a peek at the number of views your posts have gotten?  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

If I have posted something that day I will keep an eye on the views once or twice that day. I like knowing how many people have clicked on the post because it helps me know the kind of thing that is more interesting to a reader. However, I don't really let it run what I post. For example, book reviews are probably the least popular of all the things I put out but they're my favorite thing to post so I still do them. I've also noticed more negative leaning titles/themes do way better than positive/happier themes. Which I find super fascinating.

Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, you can't let the number of views ruin the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my topics do not depend on the stats as well. I have no clue what to do with the data that I am obsessing about these days.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! A lot of the time I don't know what a lot of it means anyway. I'd like to be more educated on it, but I definitely do not want it affecting my mood or topics!

      Delete