Thursday, May 4, 2017

[Book Tag] Inside & Out




Erica over at Erica Robyn Reads tagged me to do this! I tried looking around for the original but I wasn't able to find a blog or YouTuber that claimed to be the original creator. So if you have any idea who it is I will of course credit them.


Inside flap/back of the book summaries: Too much info or not enough? 
I almost never read the inside flap or back of the book. Normally I read books based off recommendations. However, for the most part I think that the summaries are pretty non-spoilery. I very rarely have read a summary on Goodreads or on the book itself and thought that I was given too much information. 

New book: What form do you want it in? 
E-Books. I love physical books but I don't really have the space to be buying a bunch of books. I tend to read quicker with e-books and I think I overall prefer it.

Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? 
With e-books I take a lot of notes and do a lot of highlighting. But when it comes to physical copies it is rare for me to write in my copy. I obviously do not write in library books, because I am not a monster. 

Does it mater to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender? 
When it comes to picking out a book I do not typically pay attention to the author's gender. I do have specific authors I stay away from, and other authors that immediately want to pick up their works. However, I think representation is important, and I do like to try to pick up books with authors who represent the themes that are in the book.

Ever read ahead? Have you ever read the last page way before you got there? 
Sometimes my eyes betray me by skimming ahead on the page or the following page. Other that that I do not read ahead. If I am not enjoying a book I will skim read, but that's the closest I get to reading ahead. 

Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
I currently only have one bookshelf, and it's completely outrageous. Because I only have one I have crammed as many books on, in, and near the shelves. One day when I have a wall of bookshelves I will like to have them organized, but I am unsure how.
 

Have you ever purchased a book based on the cover alone? 
Yes, I used to all the time in college. Now, I typically only buy books I have already read and loved or know that I will love. But I tend to borrow books from my library pretty often because of the book covers. 

Take it outside to read, or stay in? 
Stay in. I am not the biggest fan of reading outside because there are so many distractions. I think if I was somewhere relaxing maybe I could read outside and enjoy it. Most of the time I stay inside though. It's easier to just cuddle up with my puppy, make a cup of tea, and relax.


Thanks for reading!

If you do this tag tell me! I'd love to read your responses. 

2 comments:

  1. "I obviously do not write in library books, because I am not a monster. " hahahahaha! I love it!

    ReplyDelete