Wednesday, May 3, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Favorite Science Fiction & Fantasy Cover Art





It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt is about my favorite cover art for science fiction and fantasy books. I think sci-fi and fantasy have some of the best cover art, I love seeing the world or some characters through art on book covers.


Harry Potter 

The original Harry Potter covers are absolutely gorgeous. I love the art on the seven covers, the way they all match, and how they all tell a piece of the story. It may also be a nostalgic thing, but I think they're the best covers the Harry Potter series has, although there are a lot of other beautiful ones. I think seeing Harry Potter grow up on the covers was pretty cool.

Throne of Glass

Although I am having some issues with Throne of Glass as a whole after the last two books, I cannot deny that the book covers are absolutely gorgeous. I like that there is a front and a back and the art connects. It is how I envision Celaena most of the time. I also absolutely love the color schemes and the font that they used, it all looks so great together.

  
An Ember in the Ashes 

These books are absolutely gorgeous (especially the first one, I would put that art on my wall, the gold and dark colors look so great together). It was the covers that initially had me look up to see what they are about. They're very simple but I think the covers and the font are just so perfect. I also like the feeling of the book itself, it's very velvety. 


Of Fire and Stars 
This cover is beautiful. Gold and blue looks so great and the art itself is simplistic and cute. I think it looks like a little fairy tale, which works because the story is very much like a modern fairy tale. 

Monsters of Verity

I am so excited for the sequel, Our Dark Duet to come out. These covers are so gorgeous and I think once again the font, colors, photos work so well. I like that you can see the musical instruments as an outline to the color and photo. I think there is a pattern for me that I love simplistic but striking covers, and this one is definitely one of those.

Thanks for reading!!

What are your favorite sci-fi and fantasy book covers? 

2 comments: