Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February Wrap-Up


Here is my end of the month wrap-up! I plan on going over what I read and DNFed in the month of February and vaguely go over what I want to focus on or read in March.


I decided February would be a nice time to read some romance books that had been on my radar for a while. I don't normally reach for full on romance books, but I wasn't against the idea of reading a few college age romances with maybe some mature content sprinkled into the story line. Unfortunately, when it comes to the contemporary New Adult books I read this month, I only liked one out of the three. You can check out my reviews below, but Easy was the only one I remotely enjoyed and even then I wasn't putting it on my favorites list. So although that was unfortunate, I do not think this was a bad reading month. I really enjoyed the rest of The Golden Compass and I already have the second book borrowed from my library. History Is All You Left Me was probably a bad pick for romance month (it's about a main character who is grieving his dead boyfriend) but I really loved it even if it all it left me was a face streaked of tears. Of Fire and Stars was my final romance book of the month, and recommend reading my review to learn more about my feelings on it. Especially if you're interested in fantasy with LGBTQ+ characters at the focus of the story.

Book Reviews
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
A List of Cages by Robin Roe
Bared to You by Sylvia Day
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige
History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
Easy by Tammara Webber
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace 

Every Heart a Doorway just wasn't for me, I got half way before I realized I was just too bored. I could have pushed through, the book was incredibly tiny, I just couldn't find it in me. I normally am all about whimsical weird little reads but this one just didn't grab my attention.

Books I DNFed
 
Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

March Plans

I am currently reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and I am really enjoying it. I wanted to restart the series (I have only read the first three) because I am enjoying the TV show, and watching BookTubers talk about how great the books are made me want to give it another shot. I plan on continuing the His Dark Materials series. I have the second book and plan on reading it next. I also have a book I have been given by the author in exchange for a review, so that is coming in a few weeks. Other than that it's a bit of a mystery. I have a few books on hold from the library that I am waiting on. If you have any suggestions of books you are interested in my opinion on tell me below!
 
Other Bookish News/Updates
  • I finally set up a Booklovin' account, so if you can always follow me and this blog there for updates on not only my own posts but the posts I have been reading and loving. I am really enjoying how easy it is to discover other amazing blogs. 
  • I ended up changing my blog photos a little bit. I have a dozen photos I plan on using for different posts. Wrap Ups, Discussions, Reviews, Book Tags, etc all have their own specific photo. I just wanted more variety so it wasn't the same orange scales over and over again! I am happy with my choice already. This way there is a system, but it's not the same photo over and over again.

Thanks for reading!

What was your favorite read of the month of February? Did you read any romances to get in the spirit of Valentine's Day?

2 comments: