Monday, March 4, 2019

[Top Ten Tuesday] Characters I'd Like To Switch Places With




Photo Credit: Annie Spratt
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week I am talking about ten characters I'd like to switch places with if I could. This was a hard one because a lot of the books I read the characters are put into not great situations! So I may have to explain with a bit more detail with some of these. I tried to get a photo of each character but some of them were impossible to find because they weren't as well known.

Let's jump in!


Wendy Darling 
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie 

I love Wendy so much. She is so ready for this grand adventure and not only does she get it but going to a place where she'll never grow up helps her grow up. Peter  Pan is such a epic fun story that  I would love to be apart of in the end!

Alice
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Like Wendy, Alice goes on this grand adventure! When I was really young Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was my favorite and I carried an old battered copy with me everywhere I could. Little me would easily switch places with Alice and honestly present me would too. 
 Hermione Granger
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling 

I think Hermione is going to be on many people's lists this week. I think Hermione is one of those characters that so many (mostly woman) readers fell in love with and related to when they were young. I think switching with Hermione would be the best choice out the trio. Being able to go to Hogwarts as a muggle is probably such an eye opening experience and in the end she marries Ron, so that's awesome haha!

Art by Basil (@ghostbees) on Twitter!

Jamie Watson 
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Jamie is the only guy human character I have on my list! Which makes sense, since I identify as a woman so a lot of the time I relate to woman characters, but I really loved Jamie Watson in this book. It's a book I am actually re-reading right now to refresh myself to continue the series and I'd love to switch places with him. In general I've always preferred Watson to Holmes (but of course I love them both) in all versions I've seen/read but Jamie may be my favorite. I think solving mysteries with Charlotte Holmes would be both frustrating and a lot of fun. 

Tory Brennan
Virals series by Kathy Reichs 

This is one that I don't see a lot on book twitter/booktube/book blogs but they're so much fun. I really want to re-read them and do reviews on them because I think they're worth the hype. At least me from a handful of years thought that, who knows what present me would think. So it's about this group of friends who get infected with this gene that gives them heightened senses and animal quick animal references similar to canines and they have to protect the dog that infected them from this evil scientist guy. It's kind of like Maximum Ride but with dogs and I love it so much. I want to have dog like heightened senses! Also, the main character is the niece to Temperance Brennan, the main character from the Bones books/show.

Faith Herbert
Faith Comics (Valiant Comics) 

Faith is the first superhero I saw myself in and it meant a lot to me. I would love to switch places with Faith, be a superhero, kick some bad guys butts! If you haven't read this comic book series I highly recommend checking it out especially before the movie comes out!! 

Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars: Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas

Look, if you've read the books or watched the tv show/movie it isn't a shock that Veronica Mars is a badass private investigator. I love her so much and I think although she is definitely place into some dangerous situations it would be fun to switch places with her. Similar to Jamie Watson, the idea of solving mysteries is definitely I'd love to do. 

Alice Cullen
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I love a lot of the characters in this series, but I think Alice would be the most fun to switch with! She's got one of the best powers, the best partner (come on, Jasper is amazing) and I love her positive attitude. Plus, let's be honest, Alice has pretty amazing taste and shops all the time so that sounds like fun. 

Cassidy Blake
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab

I think having a ghost best friend and the power to see and help ghosts move on! I loved this book so much and I am so excited for the sequel! 

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the  Pooh by A.A. Milne 

Lets be honest, being Winnie the Pooh would be the life. You're blissfully unaware of most problems in the Hundred Acre Woods, your biggest goal is to chill with your friends and eat as much honey as you can, and you don't have to wear pants. I don't feel like I have to say anything else because that all is pretty self explanatory. 


Thanks for reading! 

Who are some characters you'd switch places with?

22 comments:

  1. Great list, Heather. I nearly put Alice on my list too. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Faith but it loos really cool. Wicked that there's a movie coming out! I'll have to see if I can read some of it before then.

    My TTT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, and I'm totally with you on Alice! She's my fave Twilight character as well, and obviously she has Jasper, so that's a huge bonus ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? She's an absolute sweetheart, has a really cool helpful power, and has a super cute boyfriend/husband/vampire partner. She's definitely the one to switch with :D

      Delete
  4. Alice Cullen would be a great character to switch with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! She's got the best powers & boyfriend. Plus she's incredibly generous and sweet, I love her.

      Delete
  5. Hermione was on my list this week too! I haven't read City of Ghosts yet, but I can't wait to meet Cassidy.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/top-ten-tuesday-201/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hermione is definitely the one to choose! You know she survives the Battle of the Hogwarts (which is why I didn't pick a random Hogwarts student) and she is so important to the story :D And yesss!!! I hope you love it once you read it! Cassidy is great.

      Delete
  6. Nice list! Hermione would definitely be fun! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Glad to see Cassidy Blake on someone elses list this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's one of the best!! I cannot wait to continue her story! :D

      Delete
  8. I’d like to switch with Pooh! Or with any character who got to go on an adventure or see another world. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!!! Pooh is the best!! I think his sweet nature and love for honey really helps me relate with him hahah. :D Thank you!

      Delete
  9. What a great prompt!! I'm with you on Alice, it'd be so fun exploring Wonderland. I think I'd rather be Veronica Mars's friend, though, than Veronica herself - I was always gobsmacked at how BUSY she seemed to be, she had SO MUCH going on and people just KEPT ASKING HER FOR HELP. Wouldn't that be SO annoying? I'd love to switch places with Aunt Betsey from David Copperfield, or Aunt March from Little Women - both "spinsters", but both wealthy, powerful, comfortable women who don't give a damn what anyone thinks of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! They all tended to treat her pretty terribly until they wanted something too. Granted, most of them were insensitive selfish teens but still!! I love your answers!

      Delete