Friday, January 25, 2019

[Book Blogger Hop] January 25th-31st: 2019 Book Goals



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

How many books did you read last year? Will your goal be to match that number or surpass it?  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


Answer: 
I've read 105 books in 2018 and my goal originally was 80 so I surpassed it! Every year my goal is 80 books because that is a pretty reasonable goal for me, and that way if I surpass it that's just an extra cherry on top. I don't like overly stressing about the amount of books I read it makes it less fun. So my goal this year is 80 like always!

My other goals: read more middle grade books, read the books that are on my shelves/kindle and focus on getting my TBR down. I tend to borrow a lot from the library, which is amazing, but it makes me ignore the books I own that I really need to read.

I also want to re-read some books that I read years ago. I want to see if I still love them as much as I did back then. I don't have a lot of space in my apartment and if I don't want these books anymore I should donate them to readers who will find joy in reading them.

Thanks for reading!





6 comments:

  1. My goals are very similar! :) Hopefully some of our reads will cross over! :)

    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really read middle grade books but I hope to read 20 books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find I'm starting to read more middle grade books as my son reads in that bracket. Some are awesome so hope you find good ones. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to make a nice list for this little girl I used to babysit! She's been into middle grade horror (think like Coraline)so I am going to focus on more middle grade horror :) So I'll have reviews of them up of course! I hope you succeed in reading more middle grade to recommend to your son!

      Delete