Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Hopeful Book Tag




The Hopeful Book Tag was created by Reija @ The Book Finch. Last week I did The Nope Book Tag which is a more negative themed tag. So I thought it was only fitting to do a more hopeful and positive book tag this week! This is such a cute book tag, I love it. I think we all need more hope and positivity in our lives so this is a great way to share a little bit of the love.

Let's get started on the questions!

1. Book world you want to escape to.

Hogwarts is an obvious one for me and it'll always be my go to answer for these kinds of questions. However, the world in the Reign of the Fallen series is definitely one I'd want to live in. I would definitely be a Beast Master and I would love to learn about all the different types of magic. I am so in love with both of these worlds. 

2. Romance that left you melting inside.

I am a broken record, I am sorry (but not really). But the main character, Odessa's, romance in Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh is one of the best ones I've ever read. It is more prominent in the sequel, Song of the Dead, but I am puddle even thinking of this romance. I don't typically love romance in books but this one absolutely stole my heart.

3. Friendship we should all inspire to have.

The friendships in Orange by Ichigo Takano are definitely ones I think everyone should aspire to have. They are so focused on saving their friend that they put their own insecurities and desires aside and I think it's a really beautiful thing to read about.

Also all the friendships in the Reign of the Fallen duology are amazing as well. The girl power in those boos is insane and one of my favorites. I will never stop talking about this duology, I love it too much.

Also the friendships between Kell/Lila & Kell/Rhy were two I really loved in A Darker Shade of Magic.

4. Intermission: Take a break to show a cute photo of your pet or of a cute animal photo you have found online.

Here is my pup, Rolo. He's a toy poodle who is my little patronus. He's the best little guy in the world and he makes me so dang happy.


5. A character in a leadership role that inspires you.

Lada in the book And I Darken is one of the most badass characters I've ever read about. She is so  self efficient and badass. I love the fact that she can take care of herself and the men around her know that. I don't want to spoil the book on how the story unfolds in order to have a leadership position, but I love everything about her.

Also, Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic and even in the 150 pages of A Gathering of Shadows I've read so far. She is so independent and competent and I love that about her. I think her character growth when it comes to allowing herself to not so much rely on someone but lean on them and develop connections with people without seeing it as a negative thing has been really cool to see. I love her so much. 

6. Recommend 3 books that fill you with hope.

  • Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy - I really love that there is a story out there where a main character evolves and changes their sexuality. I think talking about how for some people sexuality (and gender, but that isn't touched upon in this book) is such a fluid thing and that it's okay to change. 
  • Faith Comics by Jody Houser - This gives me hope that one day there will be more stories written about fat characters where their weight is just an aspect of them like their hair or eye color and not something constantly needing to be pointed out. She's competent and fully capable of saving the world on her own and I love her for it. She's not the butt of a joke or the sidekick but she's the hero and she's good at being the hero.
  • Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. Seeing a fantasy novel with a cast of all POC do so well in book sales but also get a movie deal is something that makes me so happy to see. Of course, the ratio between writers of color and white writers is still drastically different and it's still harder for writers of color to get their work published, I am so happy that accomplishments and strides are being made. Especially such a epic and inspiring story like CBB.

7. Tag some people!

I tag anyone and everyone who wants to participate! I am not sure who likes doing tags and who doesn't so I don't want to put any added pressure on my friends! However, my only request if anyone does do this tag (or has in the past) is to PLEASE LINK your blog below so I can read your answers to these questions! Let's spread the love a little bit.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment