Thursday, June 21, 2018

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag



It's already half way through 2018! Which of course gives me anxiety just thinking about it, but it also makes me happy to look back at all the great (and not so great) books I've read so far this year! Doing this tag was a lot of fun and I'd love to know any of your answers to the questions. This tag has been around for a while but it was originally created by IsThatChami and Earl Grey Books on YouTtube! So I recommend checking out both of their videos. Let's jump into the questions!


What is the best book you've read so far in 2018?

This is such a hard question to answer because my initial answer is Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. But I also really loved Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi.

Best sequel you've read so far in 2018?

I am realizing I didn't read a lot of sequels. If re-reads count I'd have to say Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi or Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. If prequels count, I'd say Heartless by Marissa Meyer.

A new release you haven't read yet but want to?

Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson, Circe by Madeline Miller, The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, and so many more. 

Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?

City of Ghost by Victoria Schwab, What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera,  Mirage by Somiya Daud, Scream All Night by Derek Milman, Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan, and so many more.

What is your biggest disappointing read of 2018?

Renegades by Marissa Meyer, The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, Snow Falling by Jane Gloriana Villaneuva, The Summer the World Ended by Matthew S. Cox, and Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings.

What is your biggest surprise of 2018?

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. There was so much hype surrounding this book but honestly it didn't sound like my kind of book. From all I knew it was about a fictional Hollywood star, her life as an actress, and her love lives. But it is so much more than that and I absolutely loved it. Even if it doesn't sound like your kind of book, I recommend checking it out.

Who is your favorite new author (debut or new to you)?

Sarah Glenn Marsh, Tomi Adeyemi, Nnedi Okorafor, and Seanan McGuire.

Who is your newest fictional crush?

Basically the entire crew from Reign of the Fallen but specifically Meredy. Also Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black.

Who is your newest favorite character?

Odessa from Reign of the Fallen. Zelie from Children of Blood and Bone, Alice from Let's Talk About Love,  Gavriel from The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.

What is a book that you've read this year that made you cry?

I need to preface this with: I cry at least once with almost every book I read. I am a sap. I am such an emotional reader it's embarrassing hahaha. So I'll list the books that made me cry a bit more than normal: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, They Both Die At The End, Children of Blood & Bone, Reign of the Fallen, The Astonishing Color of After, and probably so many more but I should stop.

What is a book that you read this year that made you happy?

The first two books of the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. I am in love with this series so far!  I cannot wait to continue.

What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation of this year so far?

I actually haven't watched many book-to-movie adaptations this year. I am waiting for Love, Simon to be available to borrow on Netflix DVD so I can finally watch it. I hear it's amazing. I finally saw the adaptation for A Monster Calls but I felt pretty meh about it overall. However, one book-to-movie I am SO EXCITED to see is The Hate U Give, which comes out my birthday month (October)!

Which review/post is your favorite that you put up so far this year? If you're a BookTuber, which video of the ones you've posted this year is your favorite?

I am proud of all of my reviews. My favorites would probably ones  I am most positivly passionate about. However, my favorite post though is probably my Favorite Book Quotes blog. I really loved making all the photos to accompany the quotes.

What is the most beautiful book you've bought or received?

I think so many book covers are gorgeous, however the one I think I love the most is the cover for Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. I love the sparkly dusty pink and the skull. It just looks so gorgeous.

What books do you need to read by the end of this year? 

The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce, The Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce, The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill, The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli, The Bear & The Nightingale by Katherine Arden, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, and so so so many more. I have way too many books to read. 


Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. What a great list! So many of your books, I still need to read :) And I am a sap, as well. I bawled through Captain Superlative.

    Megan @ Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sensitive! I haven't heard of Captain Superlative! I'll have to look into it! :D <3 thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe the year is half over.. eek!

    ReplyDelete