Monday, December 18, 2017

The Christmas Song Book Tag


It's the Christmas season! One of my favorite times of the year! I thought I would do this adorable book tag to keep the Christmas festivities going here on my blog. I am hopefully going to be doing a couple of these Christmas inspired book tags along with reviewing Christmas reads. This book tag is pretty self-explanatory so lets get started!


I am not sure who created The Christmas Song Book Tag, but I got it from the blogger Verity's blog A Grand Adventure. I will link their book tag here.

The Christmas Song Book Tag  


1. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch." Name a villainous character you couldn't help but love. 

Loki from Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman. I know Gaiman didn't create the character, but reading his anthology of Norse mythology stories I just couldn't help but love Loki. He's just so lovable, and maybe that's because of the Avenger movies. You can best believe I picture Tom Hiddleston.  

2. "All I Want for Christmas is You." Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree? 

I don't ask for books for Christmas very often, so I typically wouldn't have an answer for this question. However, to play along, the books I really want to read are Secrets For the Mad by Dodie Clark and either for someone to pre-order, or give me gift card so I can pre-order Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh.

3. "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves. 

Auggie in Wonder by R.J. Palacio. He came to mind instantly. Auggie has a facial deformity and has to go through a lot of surgeries to "fix" it. He has been home schooled all his life, but he decides he wants to go to real school. He deals with a lot of bullying, self doubt, and self discovery. It's such a great book about friends, family, and self worth. It's a middle grade book, but I honestly think it's one of those books that everyone needs to read because of the amazing messages. 

4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list? b) Which character do you think would be on the top of the nice list. 

a) I actually recently just put up a whole post of Characters on the Naughty List
b) Molly Peskin-Suso in The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertally. She's so sweet and I think she's a really good person. 

5. "Frosty the Snowman" Which book just melts your heart? 

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. No matter how many times I read this book or listen to the audiobook I am a blubbering mess and melt-y by the end. There is just something about it. 

6. "Feliz Navidad" Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own. 

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman, set in Europe. 

7. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Which holiday themed book do you use to spread Christmas joy? 

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. It is such a cute fluffy Christmas young adult book that always makes my heart fuzzy and warm. 

8. "Sleigh Ride" Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn't have to be a love interest!)? 

Faith Herbert from the Faith comics published by Valiant Comics. She would be so much fun to hang out with and I love her so much. Faith is a fat superhero who is totally badass that I completely look up to. She has become my favorite superhero in the last year. I love her personality and I love that her weight isn't brought up at all. She is just a person trying to do good, and that is how she is portrayed. Love love love it. 

9. "Baby It's Cold Outside" Which book that you didn't like, would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself in the cold? 

House of Furies by Madeleine Roux. I really loved the concept for this book, but unfortunately I think the execution was pretty awful. It just wasn't done very well. Plus, it's a big book and if I remember correctly the pages are fairly thick so it would be a good book to use to keep a fire alive. 

10. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" Which book do you think everyone should read? 

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Without a doubt, this book is a book everyone needs to read. It needs to be in schools, given out to young readers, older readers, everyone. It is so important. 


Thanks for reading!




2 comments: