Friday, June 16, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] June 16-22nd


Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.

Question:
How do you organize your  blog in terms of what is in your side bar? Do you have categories and defined sections in your side bar?

Answer: 

I don't have any special organization in my side bar. I have things in order of what is most important and what would be most help for anyone who is reading or navigating my page.  I like things to be neat and clean. Although I am not putting down anyone who does, I don't like having a lot of graphics or photos flashing all over the page. I think it's too distracting and too much for me. I prefer things to look as professional as possible. Plus I think it makes it easier for me to know where everything is. I have a top bar also, that I hope is not overlooked because it has important tabs like my master review list, the tab for anyone who wants me to do an honest review of their book, and a tab with all my contact information!

Thanks for reading! 

How do you organize your sidebar?

14 comments:

  1. Anyone I've ever talked to regarding a blog says to keep it simple, it looks like yours is on the right track!

    Happy Friday!
    My Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think simplicity just makes it easier for people to stay invested. If they get too overwhelmed with flashing graphics it may be too much.

      Thank you for stopping by! I'll check out yours now!

      Delete
  2. I'm a neat and clean fan too. It just makes it easier to look at and all the complicated stuff can mess with load times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! I didn't even think of it messing with load times.

      Delete
  3. I really like the way you've organized your sidebar and top tabs. Thank you for sharing, Heather! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading! I hope you have a fantastic weekend as well! <3

      Delete
  4. I completely agree with you. Simple and organized is the best.

    I do have headers to separate each section of my blog, though.

    Thanks for sharing, and Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  5. I can't stand sidebars that are too cluttered and flashy! Simple is definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes!! It's just so much easier for both the Blogger and the reader!

      Delete
  7. Yes I totally agree with you it is always great too have everything easy and neat. I try with my sidebars, but until I learn how too tide everything up nice and neat. It has to be for now. Have a great weekend and happy blog hopping. Here is my blog hop answer.

    http://katisbookaholicramblingreviews.blogspot.com/2017/06/book-blogger-hop-45.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like simple sidebars as well and hope that mine lead to other finding what they are looking for.

    Terri M., the Director
    http://secondrunreviews.com

    ReplyDelete