Wednesday, April 19, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] LGBTQ+ Books With LGBTQ+ Authors




It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt highlights five LGBTQ+ books that have authors that are also on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. I've talked about all these books before. So I am not going to have much other than the books, but know I recommend all of them.


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
If you know me you know I absolutely love this book. I highly recommend this book and his other book The Inexplicable Logic of My Life. I haven't read his other books, but I plan on it because these two were amazing.

History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
This is such a good book. It's one of the best ones I have read that tackle grief.

George by Alex Gino
I want this book in every elementary and high school library. Everyone needs to read this book because it's one of the most simple and heartbreaking/warming stories about a young transgendered girl. 

Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
John Corey Whaley is amazing. I recommend all three his books and he's on my "must read" list when it comes to authors. I am [im]patiently waiting for more books from him. 

The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace
I am not sure if this counts as an LGBTQ+ book because it is a book of poetry where I don't remember sexuality being a main focus point. However, the author is an asexual writer who I absolutely love. I recommend this book of poetry to everyone.

Thanks for reading! 

What LGBTQ+ book/author do you recommend?

2 comments: