Monday, April 17, 2017

[Book Tag] A-Z Bookish Survey



This bookish survey was created by The Perpetual Page Turner. Click her link to see the original survey and her answers. I thought this tag looked really fun so I wanted to do it one day for BEDA. Enjoy!

A-Z Bookish Survey


Author you've read the most books from:
I would have to say Lemony Snicket, since the A Series of Unfortunate Events is a thirteen book series and I have read all thirteen.

Best sequel ever:
I think that second books in series sometimes aren't as great as the first book. However, I think Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling is a really great sequel. Now that we have introduced the world to both Harry and the readers, we can get to know Hogwarts, the characters, and the wizarding world more. Plus the mystery is a lot of fun.

Currently reading:
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare and I am thinking of binge reading the Heist Society series by Ally Carter. I saw them on my shelves and immediately felt drawn to them.

Drink of choice while reading:
Tea or water are the two things I always have near me while reading. The type of tea depends on the time of day. Sometimes I'll have a snack, but the thing is while I am reading I'll pick a snack that isn't messy. Like edamame beans or bell peppers.

E-Reader or physical books:
E-Readers. I read quicker, the books are cheaper, it's easier to hold, and I like using the highlight/note functions. Plus the books are cheaper and I get them quicker.

Fictional character you probably would have dated in high school:
Reid from The Upside of Unrequited. He is so much like my boyfriend, who I met when I was seventeen and a freshman in college.

Glad you gave this book a chance:
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I am really happy I gave this book series a second chance because I am really liking it a lot more than I did the first time.

Hidden gem book:
My choice for this one has to be Hate List by Jennifer Brown. This is a book I definitely need to re-read soon because I remember loving it but it was so long ago. It's about the aftermath of a school shooting and it follows the shooter's girlfriend. She was shot trying to stop him, and saved another student's life because of it. But now she's haunted by her guilt and her boyfriend's actions. I think it's a really important story because it reminds the reader to be compassionate and to think of people complexly . The lives of the victims are grieved all over town, but she feels like she is one very few people grieving her boyfriend and that can be a lonely thing.

Just finished:
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. Here is my review if you're interested in seeing what I thought about it.

Kind of books you won't read:
I don't like writing off complete genres of books. I will read any book as long as it catches my attention. However, books I don't read often are classics and  road trip books. Classics are just a bit too boring for me and a lot of the time I cannot connect with anything. When it comes to the road trip books, I am one of those weird people who doesn't have much interest in traveling. I like reading books about other places, but I don't like reading books about people traveling to said places.

Longest book you've read:
Technically it is Les Miserables by Victor Hugo at like 1500 pages, but that was about ten years ago and I don't remember anything that isn't in the movie. So my second would probably have to be NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. Although the physical copy is only around 600 pages, for some reason the kindle edition is almost 1,000 pages long. 

Major book hangover because of:
The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz and The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. Both are absolutely amazing and I recommend them both.

Number of bookcases you own:
Unfortunately I only have one, and it's not the greatest bookcase. I am hoping one day in the future when I live in my own house my boyfriend and I can get a bunch of bookshelves so we can showcase all our books that are currently in boxes.

One book you've read multiple times:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It was a book I read so much as a kid and a book I am hoping to get back into a tradition of reading it once a year in the spring. 

Preferred place to read:
My couch, or really anywhere comfortable. Honestly it doesn't matter as long as I have tea.

Quote that inspires you/Gives you all the feels because of a book you've read:
There are so many great quotes from so many great books that it is really hard to pick just one. However, because Harry Potter is my all time favorite series, I'd have to pick one of my favorite quote from Harry Potter. Which is, "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic."

Reading regret:
Buying and reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I should have either borrowed it from the library or not have read it at all. I hated it and I regret reading it because I get so angry and upset thinking about it.

Series you started and need to finish:
So many. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare and His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman are the major ones. Obviously I have all the unfinished series that I am still waiting on the books to publish, but I cannot do much about that.

Three of your all time favorite books:
I need to preface this with: this changes all the time. But currently this is my list.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

Unapologetic fangirl for:
Harry Potter, Disney movies, and Hamilton the American Musical.

Very excited for this release:
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab. It cannot come any faster!!

Worst bookish habit:
Sometimes I cannot help it and my eyes will scan ahead and I sometimes will spoil myself. Sometimes I'll put my hand over the next page or even the bottom half of the page I'm reading so I can't do it, but other times it just happens.

X-Marks the spot. Start at the top of your bookshelf and pick the 27th book:
The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket.

Your latest book purchase:
On my kindle I recently downloaded There Are Monsters by Cameron Chaney.

Zzz, last book that kept you up way too late:
A List of Cages by Robin Roe. I had gotten pretty far into the book and it was pretty late at night so I decided at a specific chapter I would stop and go to bed. But once I arrived at the chapter too much started to happen and it was so close to the end that I could not stop.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to check out the creator of this tag/survey and tell me if you end up doing it! These questions are a lot of fun and I'd like to read other's responses.

1 comment: