Friday, March 22, 2019

[Book Blogger Hop] March 22-28th: Reading Along With Audiobooks



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you read along with your audiobooks? (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)


Answer: 

I do!! It is my favorite way to read in general but especially when it comes to reading with an audiobook! It helps me slow down, since I have always been able to speed read (which sometimes causes me to miss things) and take in everything at a good pace. I am hearing and glancing over every single word and it makes it way easier. I think reading this way has helped me slow down reading even without audiobooks, so it's like I am re-training myself how to read slower. Also, because I am reading at a slower pace it's helping me think about the events of the book more so I can become a better critical reader and also I can enjoy the book's content more.

Also, if the book is something other than contemporary or autobiographical (so mostly fantasy, sci-fi, etc) it is hard for me to focus on just the audiobook recording, so I have to do something like either read along or read in shorter increments so I don't get too distracted and just daze off.

Have you read along while listening to an audiobook? If you haven't I definitely recommend giving it a try and seeing if maybe you'd like it!

Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting that reading along with audiobooks is retraining you as a reader. I definitely agree about missing fewer things when engaging with both types of text at the same time. Happy reading!

    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My BBH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something to try if you haven't! It really pulls you completely into the story. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. FINALLY! Someone who understands! The multi-sensory experience totally transports you into the world of the story and you can enjoy each and every word. Sure, I read fast, but I also capture every word. (This is probably why I catch typos...not happy about that because it is very distracting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's such an amazing way to read!! Being fully immersed in the story adds so much to the experience! I rarely hate a book where I read along to an audiobook! :D <3 But I agree, it's easier to catch typos or repetitive writing styles!

      Delete
  3. I haven't and I must admit it's something I don't see the point of but reading the responses to this question has given me lots of food for thought on this topic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely say give it a try! It really pulls you completely in the story in a way I haven't experienced! :)

      Delete