Tuesday, January 8, 2019

[Top Ten Tuesday] Most Anticipated Book Releases of 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week I am talking about the books that are being published in 2019 that I am most excited for! It was hard to make this only ten books (I even cheated and paired two together) because so many great books are coming out in 2019!



In An Absent Dream
Seanan McGuire
1.8.19

I am in love with this series. I was hoping to own them by the time this one was released but I am really excited to read this one! If you haven't checked out this series yet, please do! It's amazing. It's about when children who find themselves in other worlds (worlds like Neverland, Wonderland, Narnia, etc) and then come back to reality. They all go to a school where they all share their experiences while also hoping to find their doors again. Until people start getting killed. Its so good. 


 Song of the Dead
Sarah Glenn Marsh
1.22.19

I will probably never stop blabbing about this duology, but I am so excited for this second book to release. I have read the ARC and loved it but to have the finished copy in my hands is going to be amazing. If you haven't read the first book, Reign of the Fallen yet, please do. Honestly they're amazing books! 


On The Come Up
Angie Thomas
2.5.19

I read The Hate U Give when it was published and loved it, so I am so excited to read Angie Thomas's new book! I don't know too much about it beside that the main character's name is Bri and that she's a rapper. I like to go into books as blind as possible. I know it's going to be amazing, Angie is such a talented writer.


Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Tomi Adeyemi
3.5.19

I loved Children of Blood and Bone so much, so I cannot wait for the sequel. I will probably re-read Children of Blood and Bone before I start Virtue and Vengeance. If you haven't read this amazing west African fantasy story I would explain it as a blend of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Black Panther. 


Shadow Me
Tahereh Mafi
3.5.19

This is the novella that will be all about Kenji and his backstory which I am so excited about! I am of course excited for the next novel in this story, Defy Me, as well. Which comes out a month after this one. I used this one mostly because it has a cover where Defy Me doesn't yet. The Shatter Me series is such a fun one and I am so happy we are getting new books. 

The Near Witch
V.E. Schwab
3.12.19

Victoria Schwab is one of few authors that are on my auto-buy list when it comes to preordering. She's one of my favorite writers and favorite people ever. The Near Witch is a re-print of her first book ever. I haven't read this book. I had planned on getting it on my kindle last year but when she announced it was getting a re-print with this gorgeous cover I decided I'd wait to buy it. I am so excited and I hope I love it as much as I've loved all her stuff.



Descendant of the Crane
Joan He
4.2.19

This is a book that I have wanted for a while because I've seen it everywhere and the synopsis sounds so good! I want to read more Asian inspired stories especially in young adult and fantasy! This is one that is on the top of my list. 

 Wicked Saints
Emily A. Duncan 
4.2.19

I am dying to read this book!! It looks so dang good. I am definitely going to have to clear my reading schedule because the minute this is in my mailbox I am going to read it. I am so excited. It sounds so epic. 


Romanov
Nadine Brandes
5.7.19

I am such a huge fan of Anastasia, the movie, but I haven't read anything about actual Anastasia. So I am really excited to read this. I honestly would love to read any books about the Romanov family that may not be dry history books. If you have suggestions please leave them in the comments! Ii am hearing a lot of hype around this one so I really hope it is good!


Teen Titans: Raven
Kami Garcia & Gabriel Picolo
7.2.19

I love the Teen Titans, so so much. They are a big part of my childhood and even into my adulthood. I really loved Kami Garcia's Beautiful Creatures series but I haven't read anything by her since. I am excited to read this one. Plus, the artist Gabriel Picolo is one of my favorite artists ever. I have been following him on social media and I am in love with his art. He has beautiful Teen Titans art and also art about Icarus and the Sun that is so heartbreaking. I love his stuff so much. 


Thanks for reading!




10 comments:

  1. "On the Come Up" is the book I'm most excited to read this year.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Romanov, On The Come Up and Children of Virtue and Vengeance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have any overlap this time, though it looks like we don't overlap much in genre. I'm interesting in checking out On the Come Up -- I'm sure it will get a lot of attention like her last one did!

    - Megan @ The Hungry Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seanan McGuire's books look SO interesting! I've never tried them, but I really need to. They seem like stories I would enjoy.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend them enough. I am so mad it took me so long to finally read them! :)

      Delete
  5. The Near Witch is on my list, too! I’m happy that it’s being re-released because it’s one of the few Schwab books that I haven’t read.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I am so excited and I bet The Near Witch will be amazing!! :D I'll check out your post now!

      Delete