Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Autumn Book Tag





I know this isn't this week's Top Ten Tuesday, but I wasn't feeling the prompt but I still wanted to post something today. To keep with the fun Autumn/Halloween spirit I thought I'd do this fun tag I stumbled upon. I hope that is okay, and I'll be back doing the normal Top Ten Tuesday prompts next week!

We have been in Autumn for the last couple weeks but now the weather is starting to actually represent the season, so I thought this would be an amazing time to do the Autumn Book Tag! The leaves are a beautiful color, it's significantly colder, and I've already drank too much apple cider and pumpkin spiced drinks. Plus, the next handful of books on my TBR is getting me into the spooky spirit. I originally got this tag from the amazing Destiny over at Howling Libraries, so I recommend checking out her page! The original creator of this tag is seelieknight, who has one of the most beautiful instagram accounts ever. Please check out both of these amazing bloggers, they deserve all the praise.

Let's jump into the questions!


Q: Best autumnal themed book cover? 
A: That would definitely have to be Chilling Adventure of Sabrina! That was one of the many reasons that motivated me to want to even read it because I loved the cover.












Q: Which fictional friend group would you trust with a Ouiji board?
A: Mila and Riley from Undead Girl Gang! I wouldn't trust the other two girl characters June and Dayton alone with a Ouiji board, but if Mila and Riley were with them I'd trust them too. I think with Mila and Riley having a lot of experience and knowledge of witchcraft they would do things respectfully because they respect the craft.

Q: Which book setting would you love to be celebrating in during Halloween night? 
A: Halloween at Hogwarts is the DREAM Halloween location. Real, ghosts, amazing foods, a beautiful eerie castle, and literally being able to do witchcraft are all ingredients for an amazing Halloween night. I'd even chill at Nick's death day party for a bit.

Q: Best autumnal food description inside of a story? 
A: I am actually currently reading a book that had me WANTING the foods that the main character, Prosper, was talking about. I am reading The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken and in the beginning Prosper is eating something called a Silence Cake, and although it sounds super weird it also had me wanting to try one. It's basically fried pumpkin leaves dipped in honey, chocolate,  or maple syrup.

Q: Which fictional character would you dress as? 
A: I'd love to dress as Coraline, I think that would be so cool. I'd also love to dress as Leah Burke or Nimona.

Q: An antagonist you would pledge your allegiance to? 
A: I think Destiny's answer of Kell from the Shades of Magic series by V.E. Schwab is an amazing one. He's my favorite character in the series and I think when you're someone Kell is close to you've got an amazing friend and protector for life. I love his loyalty.

Talking of loyalty, I think Eelyn from Sky in the Deep is another character I would easily pledge my allegiance to. She is a loyal character all through the book but she also becomes so open minded as the book progressed. I think she is one of the most badass characters. 

Q: The creepiest book you've ever read?
A: I think that would have to be NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. I plan on reading that again this year and honestly I am both terrified and excited. It has been a few years since I've read it, so who knows what my opinion will be this time around but from what I remember I was genuinely spooked. I assume that with reading it with the audiobook this time around will make it even spookier.

Q: A book you've yet to read, but will read this October? 
A: The Archived by Victoria Schwab. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book, and I am so excited to continue my quest to read all of Schwab's books by the end of the year. Other books of hers I plan on reading before the year is over are: Vengeful, Our Dark Duet, and Near Witch. And of course if I end up liking The Archived, I'll probably continue that series also.

Q: Which fictional character would you put in charge of the decorations for a Halloween party?
A: Millie from Puddin'. I think Millie is the best person to do to for amazing Halloween decorations. She's a planner, she makes lists and enjoys things being in their rightful place. So I think she's have the decorations looking amazing and perfect. Plus, she's a crafter so she'd make awesome decorations.

There are all the questions to the Autumn Book Tag! This was so much fun. It makes me even more excited to read these books and to go outside to take autumn photos and just enjoy the season. We are a week into the month of October, so I hope you're having a great October so far!

Thanks for reading!


 

2 comments:

  1. It snowed here this morning, so I feel like we skipped autumn. It’s so cold! I agree about Halloween at Hogwarts. That would be fun.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I do love that cover though. And Halloween at Hogwarts would be amazing!! I also need to make my way through the Schwab books I haven't read yet, including Vengeful, which I DO own - so soon!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete