Wednesday, September 19, 2018

[Bookish List] My Favorite BookTubers





This is a collection of ten of my favorite booktubers. Now, I am subscribed to quite a lot, so if you're interested in more just tell me and maybe I'll start making this a series! Click on the names of each of the BookTubers and you will be linked to their channels! I highly recommend them all and I hope that either I have introduced you to new BookTubers or I have picked some of your favorites also so we can chat.

Small disclaimer: I also really enjoy the other super popular BookTubers that everyone seems to know (Katytastic, Jessethereader, LittleBookOwl, Emmmabooks, etc) I just wanted to point out the ones I think definitely deserve more recognition and subscribers! I highly recommend the ones I listed above and I think they're great! I just assume most readers who know about BookTubers know about or are subscribed to them already and I wanted to recommend some that are just as amazing but not talked about enough. Some of the ones on my list are more well known than others, but I still think deserve more subscribers/watchers.

I do have a Book Blogger/Bookstagram version of this also, which I will link right here.

Okay let's jump into some of my favorite BookTubers!


Sam is a BookTuber I have been watching for about a year and a half.  She's super into fantasy, which I love because I get great recommendations from her. I think she's super genuine and sweet. I recommend also checking her out on Instagram because her Instagram stories are also incredibly fun! She talks a lot about her book mail and weekend reading plans which I love.Plus, she also has amazing photos!


Riley is another BookTuber I have been watching around the time I discovered Sam and I am absolutely loving her content. Riley is an advocate not only for more diverse reads but also having those books be accurate representation. Riley is bisexual and I discovered her around the time I came to terms with my own bisexuality so I really appreciate her because she was there for me in a way. She also loves romance novels so I plan on going to her page whenever I am in the mood for romance. She's also really funny and her videos are always either really informative or leave me with a new list of books I want to read. Also, she has a pup named Loki who is beautiful and I love him.

Whitney is a BookTuber I absolutely love. I discovered her later than I probably should have, because she's been around for a while. I subscribed to her about three years ago. Also, she is absolutely hilarious on both Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat so I highly recommend following her on all her socials. She is obsessed with the Shatter Me series and is always inspiring others to read the series. She has been making incredible reading vlogs, which has gotten really popular lately in BookTube. Her roomates often guest star in her vlogs and they're hilarious also. She is  one of the more well known BookTubers! She took a long break in 2017 but I am really happy she's back.

Katie from ChapterStackss is one of the BookTubers that reads less young adult. I go to her channel for recommendations when I am in the mood for an adult fiction novel or a thriller/horror, because that is her favorite genre. I don't read a lot of horror, especially adult horror, but whenever I am in the mood I go to her channel. She's a reader that picks up what she wants to read based on her mood versus picking up books because of hype or release dates. I really appreciate that and that is something I want to start practicing more. There are a lot of books that may not be popular right now or came out ages ago I have my eyes on that I push back because of all the hype and new releases.

Tiernan is another one of the BookTubers I started watching ages ago. I feel like I've kind of seen him grow up in his teenage years which is insane to me. He was a freshman (I believe?) in high school when he started and now he's in college. I subscribed pretty early on, and I am happy that I did because his content has me laughing so hard. From his skits, to his How Authors Write series (which I highly recommend, those videos are hilarious), to his short films. Tiernan is another one of the more well known BookTubers, but I still think he needs more subscribers. He is so talented!


 
Paperbackdreams 
 Kat may be my favorite BookTuber. She's an absolute goof but she's also super critical about the books she reads which I love because I am also a critical reader/reviewer. She's one of the younger BookTubers I watch and I am really happy I discovered her. She's so smart and she's adorable. Kat seems to be known more about rant-y and honest reviews. Her videos go back only a year ago and she seems to be uploading more frequently than she used to so I am excited to see what else she uploads. I think her humor and just overall personally is super charming. Plus she reads pretty great books and I often go to her for recommendations.


I subscribed to Penelope about two years ago and I've enjoyed her content but only recently I have been active when it comes to commenting. I am trying to be better at that. She also has been doing reading vlogs and I've been loving it. I love this reading vlog trend because I feel like I am getting to know these BookTubers more! Penelope and I seem to have similar views so I find her to be super reliable when it comes to reviews.

xreadingsolacex
Kav is actually a BookTuber I have been following on twitter for a long time and then just recently realized that they had a channel! I binge watched a lot of their videos and I have to dedicate more time to watching the rest because their videos are great. They are super insightful and another person I feel like I can rely on when it comes to reviews.

Anisha is a channel I was recommend to earlier this year and I am enjoying her content! Anisha is such a ray of sunshine,  I love her personality and I enjoy watching her talk about books. I am still getting through watching her other videos she uploaded before I discovered her. Like both Kav and Kat she's one of the younger reviewers I follow and honestly all three of them deserve more subscribers.

I love Misty and her channel. Her reading preferences are definitely different than mine at times but when I am in the mood for something magical/fairytale-esq/dark/or magical realism  I definitely turn to her recent reads and reviews. Her content is also really relaxing to watch. It's probably a mix of her voice and the way she edits her videos but I always feel like I am talking books with a friend when watching her videos. Her voice is so comforting and relaxing. I feel like I can listen to Misty talk about books forever. She's got this on going series where she talks about Backlist books she wants to get to and it inspired me to read more of the books that I've had on my TBR for so long but haven't gotten to and I super appreciate that series.



Thanks for reading! 

Like I said, if this is a popular post I'll do more of them! There are so many great BookTubers that I am subscribed to and that I highly recommend. Which BookTubers do you recommend?

2 comments: