Friday, September 14, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] September 14th-20th: Authors I Don't Read



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

What author do you not read and why?  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

Hmmm I have a shortish list for this answer! I don't typically write off authors completely unless they have been proven to be not great people or their content have themes and tropes I find unhealthy.

Colleen Hoover, because I find her stories to be super toxic and unhealthy.
Daniel Handler/Lemony Snicket, because he has been outed by many people for saying racists and sexist things at book events. And I don't feel comfortable supporting that.

I also am not super interested in reading a lot of classic lit authors, like Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, etc. But that is less because of the authors and more because I just am not interested in classics. But I am not writing these classic romance writers off completely, one day I could be into reading them.

Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you don't write authors off until you have checked them out. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I definitely give most authors a chance before deciding if they're for me or not.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Same for me with Colleen Hoover. I've never read a full book by her but the passages are very off-putting and borderline abusive to me. http://poetrybooksya.blogspot.com/2018/09/bookbloggerhop-september-14-20-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's just uncomfortable and for books that are supposed to be sexy they're super not at all. It's uncomfortable.

      Delete