Monday, June 11, 2018

The Library Lovers Book Tag



A couple weeks ago was National Library Week, but unfortunately I missed it. However, I fell in love when I discovered it and I am so excited to talk about one of my favorite places ever. I am not sure who the creator is (if you know tell me and I'll credit them!) but when I googled "Library  Book Tag" this one popped up when Arctic Books did it! So I recommend checking out their post. Let's jump right into the questions!

The Library Lovers Book Tag 


1. How often do you visit your local library? 
The library I go to is right across the street from my fiancé's place of work, which makes it really convenient for him to pick up books for me on the way home. So I actually don't visit very often but I do borrow books from my library frequently. I would say more than half the books I read each month come from the library whether that be from the actual library or my cloudLibrary app. 

2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due? 
I am someone who borrows the exact amount of books I intend to read. I don't like to go overboard and then get stressed about it. I sometimes still get a bit too over ambitious but overall I do a good job to read all the books I borrow. 

3. How old were you when you got your first library card? 
I was pretty young.  I have always been a member of my local libraries despite my family moving a handful of times before finally finding our permanent home. I think I was in first grade. 

4. Do you go to your library looking for a particular book, or do you check out anything that piques your interest? 
I don't like to browse the library stacks very often. I like to request books to be on hold for me so my fiancé can just grab them and bring them home. I have so many books on my TBR that I am trying to tackle to let myself browse the stacks and borrow books not on my TBR.

5. Do you use your library to check out just books, or do you also check out DVDs, audiobooks, etc? 
From the actual library I mostly just borrow books but I do borrow a lot of audiobooks from the cloudLibrary app, which goes through my library. It's easier that way because it is delivered straight to my phone. 

6. From what section of the library do you check out a majority of your books? 
Mostly the young adult section because that is the biggest genre I read. I also like to borrow a lot of comic book volumes and graphic novels. I love them so much but sometimes it's hard to validate spending $10-20 on a book that will take me less than a hour to read. So I love grabbing comic volumes from there.

7. What is your favorite part of using your local library?
Honestly, the free books. I am positive that's the most boring answer to this question but for someone who does not have the funds to buy myself books as often as I wish I could. I can't think of another aspect of using my library that is better than the fact that I can borrow so many books I've been interested in (some even are new releases) without having to spend any money. It's so underrated and under appreciated by people sometimes how amazing that is.

Thanks for reading!

Do you use your local library? What is your favorite part about your library?


No comments:

Post a Comment