Friday, June 8, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] June 8-14th: Authors I Have Read the Most in the Last Couple Years



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

What author have you read the most in the past two years?  (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Answer: 

I actually don't know if I have an answer to this question. I've read so many books by so many authors and honestly I don't binge read series the way I used to. I'd love to be able to find a long series that I absolutely love and binge read it. The authors I have at least three books of theirs in the last couple years would be Sarah J. Maas, Adam Silvera, Becky Albertalli, John Corey Whaley, Laini Taylor, Victoria Schwab, Marissa Meyer. I think out of all of these authors, Marissa Meyer may be the one I've read the most of. Since  I read her Lunar Chronicles (not the novellas though), Heartless, and Renegades. Which is basically all of her novels. 

I would love to find an author with a long series and just dive in and binge read the series. There are so many backlist books and new releases that I always feel a little guilty starting a long series that requires a lot of commitment.

Thanks for reading! 



6 comments:

  1. I've only read the first two in the Lunar Chronicles but I loved them and really need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to reread the Lunar Chronicles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I count the number of times I've reread Simon, Becky Albertalli would probably be on my list, too. Happy reading!


    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Blogger Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is answer that I relate to completely! Great response - and definitely understandable perspective. I totally know what you mean - I also try to keep my reading tastes diverse and I enjoy exploring different authors throughout different genres. Therefore, I don't think there's a particular author I've preferred to read over any other. However, I think Michael Grant is my most read author of the past 2 years due to the amount of books in his 'Gone' series, which completely enthralled me.

    Apart from Sarah J Maas, I'm a big fan of all the authors that you listed, which is pretty cool! The only reason Sarah J Maas isn't included is because I have yet to read her works, but I've been meaning to for a long time. I also hesitate in getting caught up in lengthy series in the fear of having to commit to it.

    Feel free to check out my own answer if you wish!

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah J Maas!!! Marissa Meyer!!! Such great choices!!! I love their books so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I binge read Sarah J. Maas last year... Can't wait for the final ToG later this year! That cliffie was brutal.

    Marissa Meyer is one of those authors I keep seeing around. The covers for the Lunar Chronicles are gorgeous! I need to add her to the TBR.

    ReplyDelete