Friday, June 1, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] June 1-7th: What Does My Blog Say About Me?



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

What do you think your blog says about you?  (submitted by Cathy @ What Cathy Read Next)

Answer: 

This is such a good question! I assume at first glance from my background, color scheme, and "about me" what my blog says about me is that I love autumn, young adult books, tea, harry potter, and that I love my fiancé and pup. I hope from reading my reviews my blog indicates that I try to be a fair reviewer. Although I can definitely find some rant reviews fun to read/watch I hope even my most ranty of reviews show that I gave the author and the story a full chance. I know I talk about mental health often, I hope that says that I think mental illness is important to talk about and that I am a firm advocator and believer to raise awareness for mental health and stopping the stigma behind having a mental illness meaning you're anything but human.

This is such an interesting question, I think what I would hope is that I come off kind and welcoming to anyone who comes across my blog for the first time.

Thanks for reading! 

I'd love to know what my blog actually says about me to you! I am super interested.



8 comments:

  1. I love the colors you use! And your banner is gorgeous. It's got a warm cozy vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I was worried it may turn some people off, since orange seems like such a polarizing color. But I love it!

      Delete
  2. I really like how you've gone into explain how you think the appearance of your blog portrays you - I didn't take that element in mind when I answered the question myself!

    I think your blog absolutely does a great job of showing that you're kind and welcoming, and it's always nice to see how different blogger approach various ways of writing reviews. It really speaks for their characters and how analytical they are.

    I absolutely agree with what you mentioned about mental health awareness. I think it's such an important topic, and I want to focus my blog around it more and post about it more, but I'm scared to start expanding my blog out in case people get confused and annoyed with different types of content.

    Feel free to check out my own answer if you wish!

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That is such a sweet thing to say <3 <3

      Yyeah! I think mental illness definitely needs to be talked about more and more!! I totally relate to being scared to expand your blog with other topics. I try to just let myself write about whatever I need to in the moment, and hope that it comes off genuine. I say write what feels right in the moment. If you're genuine and open people tend to appreciate and accept. And those that don't, don't matter.

      I will of course check your answer! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. I didn’t know you discussed mental illness on your blog. That’s amazing!! We do need to remove the stigma of MI from the world. My BBH - http://poemsbyayoungartist.blogspot.com/2018/06/bookbloggerhop-june-1-7-what-my-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do it as often as I'd like! I definitely would love to have a mental illness type series on my blog where I talk about my experience, but I feel like I would want to do that when I am more stable in my own journey. And I will definitely check out your blog now! :) <3

      Delete
  4. Hey awesome blog. I'm really digging your fallish theme.New follow btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Fall/Autumn is my favoriteeeee time of year. I just followed back!! <3 <3

      Delete