Friday, May 25, 2018

[Book Blogger Hop] May 25-31st: First Books Read on My Own



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you remember the first book you read by yourself? (submitted by La La @ La La in the Library)

Answer: 

I don't remember the first (although it may have been a Amelia Bedelia book because little Heather thought she was a riot) I think the first book I read by myself where I felt incoredibly proud and smart was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I felt so smart and awesome! I love Alice so much and every time I re-read the book I love being able to go back and read the scenes that I vividly remember loving when I first read it.

Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. That's such a good answer! Whilst I haven't read Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, I definitely understand the element of nostalgia that a certain book can hold - especially if it's one of the books that have led you to love reading. I can't actually remember my very first book that I read by myself, it's definitely a long-forgotten memory.

    Feel free to check out my own answer if you wish (with some puppy pictures!)

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! I feel like nostalgia plays such a big role in answers to questions like this one. I definitely recommend Alice's Adventures in Wonderland! I'll check out your answer now! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Aww I remember Amelia Bedilia as a little girl!! I feel like with me being a reader, I should remember the first book I've ever read by myself. However, I don't remember specifically the first book I've ever read on my own, without my parents reading to me. I do remember reading many book series like Baby-Sitters Club, Boxcar Children, Nancy Drew, Animorphs, and the first Harry Potter book, as a child, and those books fueled me to read more on my own. My BBH - http://poemsbyayoungartist.blogspot.com/2018/05/bookbloggerhop-may-25-31-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter was definitely the first book I felt the magic of reading from. With kid's books and Alice I fell in love with reading but with Harry I fell in love with stories. I KNOW I've read Baby-Sitter's Club, Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Goosbumps, and Animorphs but I remember nothing from the stories.

      I'll check out your answer now! Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete