Monday, February 19, 2018

[Book Tag] Behind the Screen: A Book Blogger Tag





This book tag was created by Amber @ Du Livre. The purpose of this book tag is to get to know more about the bloggers we are following or to get to know some bloggers we are just discovering. This tag is a cute way to get to know the reading and writing habits of these bloggers and to make the community closer. I think this is awesome and I am completely here for it. If you end up doing (or have done it in the past) this tag please tell/link me so I can read your answers!

So if you're interested in getting to know more about me keep reading!

When did you start blogging and what was your first review? 
I started January 2017, and my first review (and post) was a review of  the graphic novel LumberJanes: A Terrible Plan.

Who/what inspired you to start blogging? 
I was having a lot of fun blogging on this app, Books Amino, and I realized I really wanted to make a blog. I was ab it intimidated so I kept pushing it off, and then a friend of mine (Erica Robyn Reads - I actually learned about this tag from her so check out her answers here) convinced me to just dive in and do it. She was a bunch of help and I am really grateful that she pushed me to make a blog because this has been so much fun.

What is a blog-related goal that you have? 
Being featured on a book blurb would be so cool. But I'd also kind of love to meet up with some of the people I met through blogging. Although the internet is amazing and connecting online is amazing I think it would be really amazing.

What is one thing you wish someone told you about blogging? 
Hmmm...this was a hard one to answer because I feel like most things that have happened so far in my blogging experience were expected. I think my biggest thing is I wish someone told January 2017 Heather that if you are feeling overwhelmed with requested book reviews, it's okay to take down your review policy page and take your time reading the books you've been given. I was going through multiple bad slumps last year, and during those slumps I had been requested to review some books. Books that sounded really great and up my ally, but now when I look at them I am reminded of the slumpy mood I was in an I am having issues picking them up. I need to keep reminding myself to put my mental health first and being okay with the phrase "I'll get to them when I get to them". Maybe one day I will be in the right head space to review requested books again. But for now any book I read and review are books I am acquiring on my own.

What was your biggest blog-related accomplishment? 
One my discussion posts got a crazy amount of interaction and I felt really accomplished that day because that moment was the exact reason I wanted to make a book blog to begin with. To discuss bookish related stuff with others. I have also made some awesome friends through blogging.

What types of posts do you enjoy writing? 
My favorite thing to do, despite them not always being very popular, is book reviews. When I have strong feelings about a book, whether it be positive or negative, you can tell through my writing and I think it's really therapeutic. I also really loved doing my NaNoWriMo Wrap Ups and I am hoping to do more writing posts in the future.

Where do you usually blog? What does your setup look like? 
I am mostly on my couch, with this desk thing that has fans to keep my laptop cool, and my laptop on top of it. I live in a small apartment so we don't have room for a desk or work space (maybe one day!!) so I make due. Plus this way I always have my little pup laying near me as I write/blog.

What was your last 5-star read? 
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. It was exactly what I needed from a Alice's Adventures in Wonderland prequel. I borrowed it from the library but my fiancé got me a copy for Valentine's Day because I loved it so much. I already have plans to re-read the original Lewis Carroll's stories before re-reading Heartless again.

What was your last 1-star read? 
1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber. I have had an incredibly amazing reading year in 2018, so I read this in December. But I really didn't like it at all. Macomber is known for being one of the big names for holiday themed stories, but I found her writing to be pretty bad.

What are three words that make you pick up a book? 
Character Driven (I am cheating and counting this as one word hahaha), LGBTQ+, and diverse.

 What is your Hogwarts House? 
Go Go Gryffindor!! 

What is your favorite reading environment? 
On my couch, my fiancé is either reading too or gaming, my pup is on the couch with me, I have a big cup of hot tea (most likely Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, or PG Tips), we have a wax melt burning or candle lit, and it's raining outside.

What advice would you give to new bloggers? 
My biggest advice would be to play around with the styles of how you want things to look. You don't have to stick to one thing forever. Also, don't stress yourself out when it comes to authors requesting you to read their books. Know your limits. Have fun with it.


Thanks for reading! 

Once again, I'd love to know your answers so please link me! And I'd love to know which answers we have in common, or maybe something we disagree on.


2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 How fun has this blogging experience been! I'm SO glad we're off Books Amino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I’m barely on Books Amino anymore. This is way more fun :D

      Delete