Sunday, December 3, 2017

November Wrap-Up


This is where I talk about how the month went for me when it came to reading and some events that maybe sparked me to read more (or stopped me from reading as much as I wanted to). I also link all the reviews I did in the month, talk about any books I DNFed, discuss my plans for the following month, and give updates of my life.

This month was a lot different from any month this year. This month, instead of focusing on reading as my main hobby, I focused more on writing. I participated in NaNoWriMo, and I am proud to say I won. I completed both my first draft of my story and I wrote all 50,000 words in the month of November. I will link my most recent NaNoWriMo post, which has the links to previous ones if you are interested in me documenting my writing journey this year and what I plan on doing next in concerns to my story.

NaNoWriMo: Week Four Updates & Wrap-Up

Unfortunately, that means it took away from my reading. So I only read two books this month, and both were supposed to be "research" for my story, but the latter ended up being way more help than the first book.

Book Reviews

Practical Magic 
Supernatural: Night Terror

DNFed  Books

None this month. I picked up only two books and I finished them both.

Non-Book Updates 

Besides reading, I have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. I absolutely love the other Animal Crossing games and I honestly think this app is a great addition to the series. I never could get into Sims and I always really wished I could force myself to like it because I like the concept. I think Animal Crossing is a better alternative for me. It's cute, simple, and I think for me, personally, it's super calming. I've been using it as kind of as a coping mechanism for my anxiety and panic disorders. And although I am not sure I can give them total credit, since my writing and busy month may have contributed, I definitely think it helped. I'll put my ID below if you are also playing and you want to be buddies.

Animal Crossing ID: 4142 8511 727

December Reading Plans

I already have four books from the library, all Christmas themed, that I am really excited to dive right into. I am putting writing on hold to let the story rest, and so I am hoping to get as much reading this month as possible. I need to get back into a reading routine. Other than the four books I have a few other books in mind, most of them you can find on my Winter TBR post if you are interested. I also have a few honest reviews I finally want to slowly get through.

Although this month was focused a bit less on reading than I had originally planned, I am really happy with how the month came out. I wrote a 50K word novel in twenty four days! I finished a book. I am both proud of the act itself but also the story, something I feel like I really want to work on maybe getting published, after a million edits and re-writes.

How was your November?

Thanks for reading!

 

5 comments:

  1. Yay for winning NaNo!! And lol, coincidence: I also only read 2 books this month ;)

    So happy it was a good month for you, Heather, and hope you enjoy those Christmas books!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! We both kicked NaNo's butt this year! So exciting :D And so odd that we both only read two books! Hey we both also wrote our own, so I think we had a pretty nice month :) <3 Happy Holidays Amy!

      Delete
  2. Congrats for winning NaNo! Sometimes, reading has to take a back seat. I am glad you were able to write so much and good luck on your December reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to constantly remind myself that very same thing throughout November. I am happy I stuck with it.

      Thank you so much! Happy Holidays :) <3

      Delete