Friday, November 10, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] November 10-16th



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
What is your favorite part of blogging? Your least favorite part of blogging?

Answer:

My favorite part about blogging is the community. Everyone is so welcoming and kind, which I absolutely love. I really like having a visual representation of my progress not only as a blogger but as a reader and reviewer.


My least favorite think about blogging mostly comes from myself and my anxiety. I tend to feel pressure to read more popular books because those are the ones that get more interaction and comments. It makes me a bit bummed to not have any comments on one of my blogs, especially ones I am proud of. I also feel like I want to be more active in the community, but I also don't really know where to start because it's so big. Which is why I love Book Blogger Hop so much! I recognize the commenters so much more.

Other than that, I think sometimes the book community as a whole can be a bit toxic, especially book twitter, but I like to focus on all the great people in the community.


Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. The more that you interact with others on blogs and social media the more views and comments you will get. Everything takes time. I took some time off from my blog so I'm trying to get back to how it used to be. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I am hoping in December to really focus on commenting on more blogs and making more of an effort to communicate. This month with NaNoWriMo I have been struggling to write anything other than my story.

      Delete
  2. Great answer! I totally fall victim to the anxiety as well. That was also the case with my honest reviews. I'm SO glad I changed my process!! I think the key is to just take things slow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It' so easy to feel pressured!! I need to start taking it little by little instead of seeing it as a huge task. :P

      Delete
  3. The community is my favorite part too...BOOK BLOGGERS ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also get anxious about reviewing and reading popular books since it's either because I'm not interested in the genre that the popular book is in so I won't read it or I don't like the book and it's possible that I'll get hit with negative comments because of it.

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am interested in some of the popular books but it's hard to get your hands on them when it comes to library loaning. Plus there is only so much you can read!

      I haven't gotten any negative comments yet, but I do not doubt that if I dragged a popular book it would happen. Which can be a bit intimidating

      Delete