Tuesday, October 17, 2017

[Top Ten Tuesday] Best Literary Foods


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week I am talking about ten of my favorite references to food in some of my favorite books. Writing this post made me want to make so hungry for all of these!


Butterbeer with Harry, Ron, & Hermione

There are so many different kinds of Harry Potter foods I would love to try, but I feel like having butterbeer (or even some Fireball Whiskey) with the trio would be the best thing ever.


Lemon Cakes with Sansa Stark

Lemon cakes are actually my favorite too, so I love that I have that in common with one of the bravest characters in the show. I'd love to sit and have lemon cakes with Sansa. 


 

Edible Cookie Dough made by Molly

The way Reid describes Molly's homemade edible cookie dough made me want to try it so badly. I am not even a fan of chocolate chip cookies all that much, but I always crave it when I think about that part of the book! 








Tea Party with Alice,The Mad Hatter, and The March Hare

This would be such a chaotic experience, but I would love it anyway. It looks like so much fun, and I will make any excuse to have tea. 




Iced Coffee with Dimple

Dimple loves herself some good iced coffee, and there is a pretty iconic scene where she throws her entire cup of iced coffee on the guy love interest that is pretty hilarious. Dimple is honestly one of the best characters I've read this year. She's so inspirational and I think it would be fun to have coffee with her. 







Christmas candy with Celaena

There's a pretty cute scene where Celaena wakes up Christmas morning with a huge bag of candy by her bedside and she devours it. So badly that her teeth are a bright color (red maybe?) and she looks like a child. It was one of the moments where I felt like we got a softer side of her, which I really enjoyed. Plus, candy is delicious so I get her motives. 






Pasta Puttanesca with Violet, Klaus, and Sunny

I would totally enjoy a big bowl of pasta puttanesca with these siblings! I remember wondering what it tasted like when I read it and watched it in the movie. I'll honestly have to make it sometime! It sounds amazing. 








Chocolate Kolaches with Zuzana & Karou

I didn't even know what kolaches were until I looked them up while reading the story. They sound like pretty amazing pastries stuffed with chocolate, and it would be cool to hang out with Zuzana and Karou. They have such an awesome friendship and I loved reading about it. 






 Lily's Christmas Cookies

I loved the scene where Lily sends Dash cookies, despite not actually meeting him yet. Plus, they honestly sounded pretty amazing. Lily seems like someone who would be an exceptional baker. 








  

Apple Pie at the Waystone Inn with Kvothe & Bast

I feel like having any time with Kvothe and Bast would be funny because their bickering friendship is super endearing. But also, I think Kvothe is someone who takes pride in making good food for his guests at the inn, and so I bet the apple pie is amazing.And even if it isn't, it's worth seeing Bast drive Kvothe insane for a bit.



 

Thanks for reading! 


10 comments:

  1. Oh! The tea party with the Mad Hatter! That sounds like fun! I also love that you mentioned Lily's cookies--such a great book.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about the chocolate kolaches, but yes, I would love to have those with Karou and Zuse!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always confused when people talk about "edible" cookie dough. Isn't all dough edible? I make chocolate chip cookies just to eat the dough! I haven't gotten sick from raw egg poisoning yet, so ... I guess it's edible?? I love cookie dough :)

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge chocolate chip fan! But you definitely have the same thoughts as my fiancé. He will eat any kind of cookie dough! He's obsessed 😂

      Delete