Wednesday, October 18, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Paranormal Books I've Enjoyed


It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt I am talking about paranormal books I've read and enjoyed. For most of these it's been years since I've read them but they hold a nostalgic place in my heart.


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I loved this series in college. Ethan was one of my favorite guy characters ever, and still might be considering it has been forever since I've read it. I loved the romance and the magical elements of this story. It's set in the south and I remember feeling like the setting was written basically as a character of it's own the way you could feel it while reading.




Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I have only read the first book, but I loved it. I watched the movie (which became one of my top favorite movies ever) and it intrigued me to read the book. I loved them both. I do want to continue with the series I just haven't yet. Maybe soon.






Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Hate it or love it, if you're a fan of YA you have to agree that Twilight did great things for our section in book stores. I remember when I bought Twilight off the shelves at my local book store, the young adult section was one little shelf. Sure, there are issues in the story/relationship, and yeah it's cheesy, but I love it for nostalgic reasons.





The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

I think this was one of the first times I remember really falling in love with a book cover. The covers of this book series are absolutely gorgeous. The story itself is a really fun fantasy story about changelings, faeries, and romance. I thought this series was the best and I am bummed to not hear much about it from other readers!






The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

I remember loving this trilogy in early college during Halloween one year. I got sick and I sped through them in a weekend. They were spooky fun reads that made me forget about being super sick. I have warm nostalgic feelings when thinking of this series because of how much fun I had reading it.





Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome list!! I still need to try Vampire Academy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah it's a lot of fun! I recommend the movie too :)

      Delete
  2. I love Iron Fey series! It's definitely one of my favorite series ever. I love Beautiful Creatures but I couldn't remember why I haven't continue with the next book. I hope I could have time to reread and finally finish the series!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Iron Fey series is so much fun!! And I definitely recommend the rest of the beautiful creatures series!

      Delete