Friday, October 6, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] October 6-12th

Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
Both Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are considered classics. Have you ever read either of them?

Answer: 
I have read Dracula, but I haven't read Frankenstein. I am hoping to soon though! I don't do too well when it comes to old classics, I can't seem to get into them for the most part which makes them really intimidating for me. I think it's the old writing, and sometimes lack of dialogue. Books without dialogue seem to go even slower for me. Hopefully I can try Frankenstein! I hear nothing but great things. 

Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. I'm the same. I've read Dracula but not Frankenstein. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classics can be hard simply because of the writing style back then. Writers definitely seemed to be far more into description than dialogue.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Definitely. I also think my time at college as a English major may have burned me out of liking classics 😅

      Thanks for reading! Have an amazing weekend :)

      Delete
  3. I am actually listening to Dracula and I am really enjoying it so far. Have a great weekend and here is my blog hop answer.

    http://katisbookaholicramblingreviews.blogspot.com/2017/10/book-blogger-hop-60.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's awesome! And a great idea. Listening to classic horror may be even more fun then physically reading it. Thanks for giving me that idea! :)

      Delete
  4. I've haven't read Dracula yet, but I hope to do so soon!

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you do read it! And thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I'd read Dracula several times before I finally read Frankenstein. I enjoyed it, but definitely liked Dracula better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's good to know. I remember enjoying Dracula but not loving it.

      Delete
  6. Hope you'll enjoy Frankenstein. Yes, you do need to adapt to that period style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think I've just been burned out from being an English major. I've somehow trained myself to feel like I'm doing homework when I read classics! I have to get out of that mindset

      Delete
  7. I haven't read either of them. I should, but I'm not sure I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. At least they're always there as a back up! :)

      Delete
  8. I totally agree that classics can be a bit rough. I find that's especially the case when the format is letters, which these two are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Typically I am not the biggest fan of that format which definitely doesn't help!

      Delete