Wednesday, September 13, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Don't Read the Synopsis!


It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt is about five books I think you should pick up without reading the synopsis!

So obviously I will not be sharing the synopsis for each book, so hopefully you can trust me and just pick up these stories! If you end up trusting me, I'd love to know if you agree with me or not (or if you've already read some of these!). I'll share a little about what I thought of each book, but overall I am going to be super vague. 


 Room by Emma Donoghue 


 This book took me by surprise. I picked it up because it was getting some popularity because the movie was coming out, but I knew nothing about the story itself. The only thing I have to say is if you feel like it's a bit confusing at first and you are considering putting it down, push through. It's worth it.






The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey 


I'm not even sure what made me pick up this book. Maybe the cover? Either way, I recommend reading without looking at the synopsis. I think not really knowing what it is about can always make you feel a bit confused but I think this story is worth it. However, I need to warn you guys that this book can be a bit of a slow burner.






Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor 


This is one of my favorite series ever. I actually picked up the first one because the audiobook won an award and I was doing a yearly book challenge that it would complete a certain challenge. I was super surprised with the way this story went and I honestly think it's one of the most unique stories I've ever read. Highly Highly Highly recommend it.





A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness 


I picked this book up based on the insanely popular recommendations and I think it's one of the best books to pick up without really knowing what it is about. It hits you harder that way I think personally. It's an emotional book and it packs a punch. I highly recommend it.






We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 


This book is the book I predict will be on a lot of lists today. It's the book I think you shouldn't read the synopsis of because of the mystery. Sometimes a book's summary is too detailed, and honestly I think We Were Liars  one of those cases. I think this story is one that kind of sweeps you off your feet and has you hooked until you figure out what exactly is happening.





Thanks for reading!!


2 comments:

  1. Great list!! I TOTALLY agree with We Were Liars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's probably the one that is the perfect case for this topic!

      Thanks E! 😁

      Delete