Friday, September 8, 2017

[Book Bloger Hop] September 8-14th


Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
Have you ever bought a book because you liked its cover art?

Answer: 
I don't buy books often, but I have definitely checked out books from the library solely because the cover is beautiful. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised, like when I read Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh and other times I am disappointed like House of Furies by Madeleine Roux. I can't help it, there are so many beautiful books and I can't help but judge them by their covers. I am weak. 😅


Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. I'd say picking up from the library counts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feelings are that if the cover is gorgeous, the book usually has a good story line. Not sure it's always true, but it usually is.

    Good answer, Heather.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That seems to definitely be true a lot of the time but sometimes unfortunately a book with a beautiful cover is not great on the inside.

      Thanks for coming by! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. I completely agree! It seems that if the cover has care put into it, a lot of times so does the story. Just my experience.

      Delete
  3. Haha. The best is when a good cover is paired with a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel bad for all the books we pass up because we don't like the covers. I hope you have a great weekend, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had SUCH a weekend so I am sorry for being late on this! Thank you! I hope you're having a good start to your week :)

      Delete
  5. I buy books too often lol. I would probably benefit from visiting the library a little more. My only problem is that I don't want to give the books back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, it was one of the biggest problems I had to deal with at first, but I just can't afford buying books unfortunately. I have such a long list of books I've borrowed from the library that I need to buy for my collection one day. <3

      Delete