Friday, August 18, 2017

[Book Blogger Hop] August 18-24th


Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:
When you enter an unfamiliar house or apartment for the first time, do you feel disappointed if you don't see any bookshelves, or books on the coffee table?

Answer: 

No not at all. Do people really look for bookshelves and books when they enter a new house or apartment? Most of the time I am either A.) Looking for a dog or B.) Talking with whoever I just walked into the house with. If someone wants to talk books with me, I am totally up for it and I love it, but I have many family members and friends who don't read. I don't care too much, it's their choice. Sometimes I will keep my eye open for books that may be the book for them to get them into reading, but other than that I don't judge. Plus, some people don't have the space for bookshelves. I only have one. So some people may just read on e-readers only. I feel weird judging people for their reading or lack of reading habits. Although its a staple for me in my life, I can acknowledge it isn't for everyone.


Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. I love your answer, Heather. Very well said, and I agree. Looking for books when I enter a house for the first time is not my default. I do notice them if they are there though. I can't help it. :-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I definitely notice them if they're there. But I don't think I make a mental note if there isn't books anywhere in sight. And thank you <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful answer and so true.

    I don't judge anyone...lots of comments today have indicated that there may not be bookshelves in the common areas of the home.

    And...that person may have other interests.

    Have a good weekend, and Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to see that most people aren't judgemental! It's definitely nice to know :) and thank you! Have an amazing weekend :)

      Delete
  3. I totally agree - it just isn't something I look for when I'm at someone's house. A lack of space for bookshelves is definitely something I find myself up against!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I can't wait to one day live somewhere where I have room for wall to wall bookshelves but it just isn't in the cards for me right now. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's subconscious with me. I don't step in thinking, 'Right, where are the books?', but I will find myself drawn towards bookshelves that are there and later wondering why there were none if I don't see any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting! That your subconscious is immediately drawn to books or acknowledges the lack of books. <3

      Delete
  5. BRAVO!!! Phew, this week's hop has me so irritated. I hate unnecessary judgement! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 right?! I think the book community could definitely use less judgement.

      Delete
  6. Mine is definitely a space issue. Kids toys and books take up most of the space we have lol. And I don't normally look for a dog...if they are anything like me, you don't have to look for one. Our golden retriever finds you. And, other than a couple, I have many people that are close to me who don't read. That's why I co-blog with my mom (a great booknerd) and join the online community to find other book friends :)
    Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the space issue when it comes to books can be a real bummer. I am experiencing it only because I live in a small apartment with not much room. Also that is 100% true about the dogs hahaha. They tend to come barreling at you. Or in my pups case, bouncing at you. It is so cool that you co-blog with your mom!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. I am the same way like Nicki I subconsciously look for bookshelves at other houses without meaning to, I can't help it is really weird but I can't help myself. lol Thank you so much for stopping by my blog hop Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! <3 and yeah! I think my priorities are more dog oriented when it comes to new places hahaha.

      Delete