Wednesday, June 14, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Favorite Side Relationships



It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt we are talking about my top five favorite side ships. That means any side relationships that do not involve the main protagonist. While doing this prompt I have realized that I don't read many books with a huge cast of characters, which means in the books I read most of the relationship type stuff happens between the main character and their love interest.


Zuzana and Mik (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
I think Zuzana and Mik are absolutely adorable. I loved their novella Night of Cake and Puppets. One thing that I love is Mik's loyalty to Zuzana, especially since Zuzana is so loyal to Karou that she put herself and Mik in danger and Mik doesn't seem upset by it. He's all about helping Karou because he knows how much it means to Zuzana. It's so sweet.

Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter)
This may be cheating, since they're big characters in the books but I am counting it because they aren't the main characters. Ron and Hermione is my favorite book relationship. I think they're so great together, and I love the way their relationship naturally forms. 

Nessa and Cassian (A Court of Thorns and Roses)
Cassian is one of my favorite characters in this series. At first I didn't like Nessa (if we're being real, I still don't love her) but I think she works really well with Cassian. They definitely balance each other out, and I hope we get more of their relationship in the spin off series.

Alec and Magnus (The Mortal Instruments)
Alec and Magnus are such a great couple. I wanted more LGBTQ+ couples on this list, but most of the ones I love involve the main character. I do think that the first three books don't go in enough detail of their relationship because so much else is going on, so I am hoping to see more of them in the rest of the series. I also really love their relationship on the television show.

James and Lily Potter (Harry Potter)
We do not get to see a lot of their relationship, I'll admit that. But I cannot help but love them together. I wish we could have stories of them falling in love and having Harry. I love the idea of James going from this cocky over confident guy to maturing and growing up into a loving husband and father. And I love the idea of Lily putting James in his place, making him step up and be the man she wanted. I know I am personally filling in a lot of holes that are just theories, but I really do love their relationship.

Thanks for reading! 

What side relationships are some of your favorites?

4 comments: