Wednesday, May 24, 2017

[Top 5 Wednesday] Favorite Minor Characters



It's time for this week's Top Five Wednesday! This has been created by gingerreadslainey and it also has a Goodreads group. I am hoping to do these posts (or other weekly Wednesday posts) more often as long as I am interested in the current prompt! This week's prompt is about my five favorite minor characters in books. I love this prompt because I feel like some minor characters just don't get the recognition they deserve!

Rubeus Hagrid from Harry Potter (minor spoilers in this section for the Harry Potter series - just a heads up, but the moral of this section is that Hagrid is amazing and I love him).
Hagrid is a character that I don't think gets enough credit for how important he is as a character but also in Harry's life. I have heard a handful people talk about how sad it is that Harry keeps losing his father figures, and besides Arthur Weasley, I feel that Hagrid is someone who has always been there for Harry. From bringing him to 4 Privet Drive, to being a safe space for the trio when they needed someone to talk to, to carrying his [seemingly] dead body from the Forbidden Forest back to the grounds of Hogwarts. I love him, so much.

Izzy from An Ember in the Ashes
I loved Izzy's character in this book! She was such a sweet friend to Laia. Both her and Cook grew to genuinely care for Laia, which I loved because after what Laia went through, was going through currently, and the amount of pressure on her shoulders to save her brother she really needed someone having her back.

Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Zuzana and Karou's friendship is one of the best female friendships I have ever read about and if you've read my Things I Want To See More in Books post, you'll know that I am dying for some genuine relationships. They are both so happy and want the best for each other, plus their loyalty to one another is so sweet. Zuzana is great individually because of her personality. She volunteers to help Karou in any way she can, and she understands that Karou is going through some intense stuff, and she doesn't expect anything back. I am all about their friendship.

Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass
This may upset a lot of big Throne of Glass fans, but Chaol is the only good thing left in this series for me. Which is why I am so excited for Tower of Dawn, especially after the fact that she completely changed his character in QoS and dropped him in EoS. This isn't a shipping thing by the way, I actually think Aelin and Rowan are pretty perfect for each other. I just think Chaol deserved better, and he was the character I felt the most connection to.

Fito from The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
Fito is an amazing character. He has gone through so much, and is constantly trying to better himself by studying hard despite his complicated life at home. His friendship with Sal and Sam was such a sweet one, and one I found was really heartwarming. He is the kind of character you just want to wrap up and protect, because he deserves a better life.


Thanks for reading! 

What are some of your favorite minor characters? 

8 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote about Hagrid. You are so right that he is overlooked in how powerful and wonderful he was to Harry and his successes. Great post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! I agree, Hagrid is an amazing character. His compassion is something I love and of course his love for Harry, Ron, Hermione, and just all the kids at Hogwarts.

      Delete
  2. Hagrid is the BEST!! And he really doesn't get the love he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! He is overlooked all the time! Hagrid has been there for Harry, Ron, Hermione, and really any of the kids at Hogwarts who needed someone. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Hagrid, now kicking myself for not thinking of him from the start. And very true he was almost a father figure, or maybe a big brother and about as steady as you can get.

    Top 5 Wednesday @ Engrossed in a good book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Such a steady family member who has been rooting for him since the beginning. I love him. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Right?! He is most definitely the best and only part I care about when if comes to the series now.

      Delete