Tuesday, April 11, 2017

[Top Ten Tuesday] Most Unique Books




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week we are talking about ten of the most unique books I've read. If I have read the book this year, like always I will be sure to link to my review that I have up on my blog.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
This book series completely changed book to movie adaptations. The phenomenon completely blew up and it paved the way for other young adult books to be turned into movies (and have their last book split into two movies). I talk about this in my  Why the Harry Potter Fandom is the Best post, but the fans are still going strong after the books and movies being completed.

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
This book blew me away I am so excited for the sequel. The idea of pain, fear, and hatred manifesting itself into monsters is so unique and it worked so well for the story. I cannot wait to re-read this book before the sequel Our Dark Duet comes out because with Schwab's beautiful writing and the story I am in love.

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
This fantasy story is such a unique one with the daemons, dust, and just the world itself. I think it's so much fun and easy to fall into the story. I love rooting for Lyra.

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This story is probably my favorite fantasy romance because of the world building and beautiful writing of Laini Taylor. The concept of bringing someone back from the dead with teeth is such a cool and unique plot that I was caught up and enchanted by this series.

Noggin by John Corey Whaley
I loved this book, I love all the books this author had written so far. I found this one most unique because it's about a boy who has woken up after having his head transplanted onto a donated body because the body he was born with was dying from cancer. It's five years later and his life went on without him, but he is still stuck in the mind set of five years ago.

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Love it or hate it, you have to admit that this series made YA book to movie adaptations the next big thing. Like Harry Potter, it blew up and movie makers realized that angsty paranormal romances are in. Because it did so well it motivated Hollywood movie producers to make more book to movie adaptations but it also convinced publishers that young adult literature was super popular. Before Twilight got so big I remember the young adult sections of book stores mostly being self help books for high schoolers. It definitely changed the game.

The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey
Without giving too much away, this is one of the most unique zombie books I've read. I really loved it and I need to pick up the movie soon. 

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Although it's very similar to Harry Potter (that was kind of the point of it in Fangirl) I think the magic system in this world is really unique and I am really interested in the magic system. It's definitely different from the typical magical systems fantasy novels normally have. I understand why Cath was so in love with the story.

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
I loved the writing style of this book as well. I am not super experienced with magical realism but from what I got in this book I really enjoyed it. It was a eerie and suspenseful. I think the idea of the family having an accident season was a really interesting concept also.

The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
This series has an amazing story line that is unique and fun but also really deep and educational. I love Snicket's odd writing style that fits this story perfectly. I honestly think that I have read another book or series that is similar to this one in terms of the writing style.

Thanks for reading! 

What are some of your most unique reads?

2 comments: