Monday, July 15, 2019

[Top Ten Tuesday] Auto-Buy Authors



Photo Credit

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish but is currently being run by That Artsy Reader Girl. A prompt is given each week, and I hope to do it every week so I always have something going up on Tuesdays. This week I am talking about books I will automatically buy or pre-order because of the author!

It was hard for me to think of a handful, because honestly I don't buy books often. So I am cutting this one a little short. Which sucks because it's my first Top Ten Tuesday post in three months, but I don't want to lie and add authors I don't auto-buy. I hope one day I am able to be more generous about what books I spend my money to pre-order but until then these authors are the authors currently who write the books I will probably always automatically pre-order.

Let's jump in!

* * *

Victoria Schwab 

Schwab is my favorite author, and although I do not own all of her books yet, I certainly am getting there. I think I have pre-ordered the last handful of her books, and I will continue to do so because she has never let me down. I don't think I've given any of her books less than a 4 star review. 

Sarah Glenn Marsh 

Sarah is a good friend of mine and a fantastic writer! Her Reign of the Fallen duology are two of my favorite books ever. I love them so incredibly much and if I could I would re-read them once a month. They mean so much to me and I cannot express that enough. I am so attached to the characters and the world that I would do anything for more books. I still need to read her debut novel, which I am actually super excited for and I will easily without a doubt pre-order every single novel she writes from here on out. 

John Green

Honestly, I am a little surprised John Green is on my list because I didn't pre-order Turtles All The Way Down. I ended up buying it the day of the publication date because the hype and excitement of a new John Green book made me want to pick it up. However, I was honestly really worried. It had been I believe around five years since his previous book, The Fault in  Our Stars and although I love TFiOS so much, I had (and still am) grown as a reader and I was worried I had outgrown John Green's stories. I was so wrong. Turtles All The Way Down is my favorite book of his and I cannot wait to see what he writes next. I can't see myself not pre-ordering his books after that surprise. 

Becky Albertalli

Becky Albertalli has written three books and co-wrote a fourth. Her book The Upside of Unrequited is one of my favorite books and I still need to read the co-written one she wrote with Adam Silvera. It's on my kindle, still waiting for me. Becky's writing for me is really easy to fly through and her stories are pure cotton candy fluff and I love them. She definitely talks about important topics in her books, so it's not all fluff but most of the content in her books are light-hearted and sweet. I think her witting style is one of the best ones for young adult contemporary and I am hoping she writes a new book soon.

Patrick Rothfuss

This kind of feels like cheating, because Rothfuss's two books in the Kingkiller Chronicles are already out and I own both but I without a doubt in my mind will be pre-ordering Doors of Stone when it is finally available for pre-order. The second book in the series, The Wise Man's Fear came out eight years ago, so we aren't exactly sure when book three will be out but I am hoping soon! I really love Rothfuss's writing style and storytelling so I can see myself pre-ordering any future books he writes as well. 

Julie Murphy

Julie has written one of my favorite books, Puddin' (which is the kind of sequel/spin off of Dumplin') so I feel like after reading those two books I have to preorder hers now. I regretted not pre-ordering Puddin' because of how much I absolutely loved it so form now on I am not going to pass up on a book by her. She writes a lot of stories with fat characters and as a fat woman I really relate to a lot of her stories. 

Tomi Adeyemi 

I loved Tomi's Children of Blood and Bone so much, and I already have the sequel Children of Virtue and Vengeance pre-ordered. I really like her writing style and storytelling and I think as she keeps writing she's going to continue to get better and better. It obviously depends on how much I enjoy how this series goes but I can see myself pre-ordering other projects of hers as well! 
 

I know I am a few short, but I honestly cannot think of any more authors that are absolutely on my auto-buy/borrow list! I typically have a handful of authors that mean a lot to me and other than that I have some authors I enjoy most of their books or I like discovering new authors! 
Who are a few of your auto-buy authors? 
Thanks for reading!


26 comments:

  1. How on earth did I forget Becky Albertalli on my list?! Great choices. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so great and so sweet!! :D I will check yours out now!

      Delete
  2. VE Schwab's books sound so good! I say it every week but I really need to get to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot about Albertalli! I love her books!! Great list.

    My TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2019/07/16/ttt-88-auto-buy-authors-part-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I totally spaced on Sarah Glenn Marsh! I freaking love her! Great list <3

    -Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of the sweetest people in the world!! Thank you! :D

      Delete
  5. Ohhh Victoria Schwab is definitely on my list also. But the very top of my list, now after having read Recursion, is Blake Crouch. Dark Matter really solidified his place on the list and Recursion made him go to the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I have heard amazing things about Dark Matter! I need to put it on my TBR! Thank you for the recommendation.

      Delete
  6. I've heard great things about Victoria Schwab, but I've never read any of her books! I"m going to have to change that. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend her books enough! This is how she describes her books, to maybe help you choose which one to read first!

      If you like: Harry Potter & Avatar the Last Airbender
      Read: A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC

      If you like Buffy & The Sixth Sense
      Read: THE ARCHIVED

      If you like Marvel & Dexter
      Read: VICIOUS & VENGEFUL

      If you like Alias & Tokyo Ghoul
      Read: THIS SAVAGE SONG

      If you like Stranger Things & Ghostbusters
      Read: CITY OF GHOSTS.

      Hope that helps! :D

      Delete
  7. Welcome back to TTT! My list was super short this week as well. You're not alone there.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Becky Albertalli's books. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Auto-buy" has kind of a liberal definition for me since I do make an effort to look for new books, even ones by my favorite authors, at the library before I buy them. Books are just so dang expensive! I already spend way too much on them, so I have to be careful.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is why I included "borrow" in my intro. I get like 90% of my books from the library and add them to a list to buy in the future if I liked it enough. I can't afford to buy every book I read in a year! It's too much hahaha.

      Thank you! Happy TTT! <3

      Delete
  10. I need to start in on Sarah Glenn Marsh soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so incredible. I am in love with her Reign of the Fallen duology so much!

      Delete
  11. I have had Rothfuss's The Name of the Wind on my Kindle forever. I need to get it read. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this topic harder than usual too.
    I've heard of most of these authors but none of them are my autobuys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list! That head shot of Tomi is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete