Friday, March 8, 2019

[Book Blogger Hop] March 8-14th: Do I Buy All My Books?



Book Blogger Hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to discover and follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend bloggers, and gain followers. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday where there will be a weekly prompt following a bookish question.


Question:

Do you buy all your books? If yes, do you keep them all? If no, where do you source them?  (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)


Answer: 

I do not buy all my books! Most of the time if I am reading a book I don't already own it's because I've borrowed it from the library. What I typically like to do is borrow the majority of the books  I read from the library and then buy the ones I loved. On occasion I'll pre-order a book by an author I already know I'll love or get new books as gifts. Currently I am living in a small apartment so the space is limited, which means a lot of the time if I buy a new book it'll probably be on my kindle.

However, I do have a pile of books that I wish to give away. In the past I've brought them to Goodwill, but I'm considering maybe asking my library if they're interested. There's also a Book Barn in our area that possibly takes used books and you can maybe get in store credit? I am not sure, but  I am weighing my options.

What about you? Do you buy all your books?

Thanks for reading! 


12 comments:

  1. Nice answer! I usually buy all my book except for the one that I review on NetGalley. I'm not a library person... and I see that us bookworms have the same problem, space! Have a nice week-end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! I'd love to be able to start buying most of my books! One day when we live somewhere with the space for more than one little bookshelf that is the plan! And yesss we all could use more bookshelf/book space hahah. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. It's a shame I'm not living close enough to a library, I'd love to support them more. I want to be a library person :)

    You can find my answer on my Friday post here where I am also sharing my Friday 56 and Book Beginning answers! Thank you! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that is such a bummer!! Libraries are a lifesaver for me. And I'll check out your post now! <3 Have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of Book Barn! I wish that was a thing where I live!

    My Friday memes this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! I am hoping this one accepts books! It seems smaller than the others I've seen. I hope more are built everywhere because they're so nice! I'll check out your post now! Thanks for stopping by <3

      Delete
  4. Ebooks are my lifeline. I dont have space for lots of physical books either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! E-books are the absolute best. They make everything easier.

      Delete
  5. Library people rock!!! I go so much that I am known by name! That said, I borrow 70% of my books, including graphic novels, ebooks and audiobooks, from the library. The remainder come from Kindle Unlimited, Audible, and review opps.

    I have been to Book Barn. Sounds like a place where I could get into serious trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! Same here. I borrow so much from the library it not only saves me so much money but I don't have to wait too long to read new releases! It's great. I don't have Audible but I have Scribd and it's been really great!

      Yeah!!! Doesn't it sound amazing?! <3

      Delete